Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

"Miss me?" Jacob asked, cheekily smiling as I launched myself at him. I hugged him close, wrapping myself up in his tight embrace. It was odd how small and weak he suddenly seemed. Before Jacob was strong and powerful, and would squish me when we hugged. But, after spending so long hugging Layton, Jacob's hug seemed feeble.

"Are you alright, Gem?" he asked, when we'd pulled away. "You've been crying. Did he do something? That bastard Blood Alpha, did he do something?" He growled darkly; but again, it seemed feeble compared to Layton's growl.

"Layton is my mate" I sighed heavily, shaking my head at how everyone was speaking about my mate. "I love him, he would never hurt me. Why doesn't anyone understand that?" I exclaimed angrily – the Full Moon was making me itch with rage.

"Because he's a killer, Gemini. A fucking murderer. He killed his own parents, how can you say you love him?" he shouted at me. I never used to like being around Jacob near the Full Moon, he always got angry with me when he was. I didn't like people being angry with me.

"I do love him, Jake. You don't understand what it's like to have a mate, I--"

"Of course I understand" Jacob roared, storming up to me – gripping my arms tight. I cringed at his hold, but I wasn't scared. I knew that Jacob wouldn't ever hurt me, so there was no fear. "I understand, because I used to have you".

I gave him a confused look, not understanding what he meant, but he quickly explained. "I had you, Gemini. We were friends, we had each other. I have loved you since we were kids, and I thought you loved me too. You were just being too...Gemini...to realise".

"I was being too Gemini, what does that even mean?" I questioned, feeling a bit offended. My father used to say that the Full Moon was stronger than any truth serum – no one had filters on a Full Moon.

"You know" he shrugged, "you're you. You're odd, and you have a few issues. Like locking the doors, and sleeping with a bear. You're a bit younger than you should be at eighteen, you're young for your age, you're--"

"Layton doesn't see me as young" I snapped, "he loves me for who I am".

"Does he?" Jacob laughed – his laugh venomous and bitter. "Oh so he told you that he loved you? That he doesn't want you to do certain things for him, act certain way, wear certain things? He doesn't like you for you, he just likes the way you look".

"You don't know anything" I shouted; tears gathering in my eyes. His words were hurting, cutting me deep. Because Layton did love me, he just couldn't say it – and I believed him when he said that. But it seemed no one believed that he could love me, it hurt me to know that they all thought I was that unlovable.

"I know that you don't love him" he growled, "you're in lust with him. You're just too naïve to know the difference. I can show you what real love is Gemini, but first I'm going to show you want lust is. So that you know, what you're feeling isn't love, it is just lust".

I didn't get the chance to ask what he meant by that. Because suddenly, he pushed me forcefully against a tree. I yelped in shock, as Jacob pressed his body on mine. He looked down at me for a second, his eyes darker than usual and I could see his canines growing in his mouth. He was more Wolf than human.

"Jake please--". My pleas were silenced with his lips clamping down on me. His lips were rough and foreign, and were not anything like Layton's. I pushed against him, shoving against his chest and pounding on his arms – it did no good, I was too weak.

Jacob's tongue pried my mouth open, and plunged into my mouth. I felt violated, and completely out of control. I was fighting hard, but my strength was just not enough. I cried, as Jacob began to claw at my dress – ripping the material to reveal my bra.