Chapter 28

Paige's POV

I woke up the next morning with Peter spooning me from behind. I remember what happened last night let me tell you. BEST. NIGHT. EVER!

I try to get up so I don't wake Peter.

I get out of the warm bed naked and head to the bathroom.

I did my business and gasped in the mirror.

My mate mark. It has 2 wolfs howling at the moon with Peter's initials in the moon. It was so pretty and looked like a tattoo.

Peter must have heard my gasp because he came running into the bathroom, still naked.

"What's wrong? I heard you gasp," he asks concerned.

"Nothing but look," I say pointing to the mark.

He looks at it and smiles. "Hmm it looks great," he says coming around and putting his arms around my waist and putting his chin on my shoulder and he finally notices I'm still naked and so is he.

His eyes go dark and he picks me up and runs to the bed.

Wow that should be record time, not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We've got to get ready," I tell him panting.

"Yeah but I like this."

"I bet you do but I have to greet my old pack though and maybe later we can work on training to see what kind of new powers I have."

"5 more minutes," he sighs.

"How about no," I tell him and get out of bed once again.

"I like this view," he says cheekily.

"I bet you do now get up and get dressed. We have a lot to do today."

We both get dressed. I'm wearing a pink tank top with some white shorts. Peter has washed out jeans and a nicely fit shirt and when I say nicely fit, I mean nicely fit. Hmm.

We both leave the room after getting dressed and head down to the kitchen. Hmm I already smell Beth's cooking and so far I haven't seen anybody from the other pack. Hmm that's strange.

We walk into the kitchen and I ask Peter, "Where is everyone?"

"Out and about I guess," he shrugs not really caring. Well ok then but I spoke too soon and in walked my brother David.

I looked at him and he really looked different. Had defiantly grown while I was gone and he had dark circles under eyes. Hmm wonder that's from?

"Paige?" he asks disbelieving himself.

 "Hello David," I say, giving him a glance then looking away.

"I-is it really you?" he asks dumbfounded.

"Yes," I say and go over to Peter and sit in his lap.

David looks between us then looks at my shoulder.

His eyes widen and I grin on the inside and Peter kind of stiffens but not much.

I look over my shoulder and see Peter staring at David and Beth taking glances at us.

I can see in her eyes that she's worried so I get off Peter's lap and ask, "Beth do you need help?"

She smiles at me and says, "That wouldn't be necessary but if you want you can help."

I walk closer to her and ask, "What do you want me to do?"

She gives me the instructions and I take glances at David every once in a while and he is still looking at me.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," I tell him calmly.

"I just can't believe it's you. The pack fell to the grounds after you left. Henry started drinking and I had to take care of the pack. Everyone was miserable and Riley. Riley I can't even believe we're related. She was one of the reasons we went down. Bossing everyone around like slaves. God! I don't even talk to her unless I have to. I've been a mess since you left. Look at these bags under my eyes. Nightmares haunt my dreams of you getting killed and of us bullying you. I can't sleep most nights because of it. I know what we did was soo wrong in soo many ways and I know how close we were before dad died and I shouldn't have treated you so bad after he did. I just wanted someone to blame and I seen mom do it so I followed her and Riley was always jealous because of you so she just started in on it because it was a good opportunity. I'm truly sorry Paige," he explains.

I was looking into his eyes as he ranted and I could tell he was telling the truth. He really didn't mean to do it but he still did and I'm not going to forgive him that easily though.

"I don't know what you want me to say David but I'm not going to forgive you so easily. Months of pain and loneliness and slavery and you think I was going to run and jump into your arms to give you a hug and say 'you're forgiven', no, I've grew up and learned who I really was and mated. I bet you didn't even know that Henry was my mate. The reason he started drinking was because he knew he made a mistake but I'm glad he did reject me because I wouldn't be here, mated and have people that actually care about me and not for what I look like but for who I am."

"When I seen you outside my window last night I thought it was you but I wasn't sure but now that I do, I can see that you are happy and I believed you from the start since he did reject you. You never lie and I don't know what made me think that you did. I also know that you wouldn't forgive me this soon but I just had to get it off my chest and it's a relief that you're ok even though you probably don't care but I do. I've always cared about you and when you left I took it the hardest."

"I know you did. Dad told me," I tell him not wanting to but I had too.

He has a look of surprise and confusion on his face then asks, "How-"

"David what are you-" Riley starts as she walks into the kitchen but stops once she see me.

Oh god.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late update. School is almost over 2 more weeks and summer break will be here and I will update as much as I can. Trust me I have nothing better to do during summer. Well if you guys haven't known, I have another book out which is called Backstage. Go and check it out if you want. Also I was in Denver last weekend and that's why I couldn't update last weekend. Also I got a new puppy!! She is soo cute. Her name is Libby and is a chocolate lab! She is only 4 months old. Well I guess that's it for now. Remember to

COMMENT

VOTE

AND

FOLLOW!!