5: Responsibility

***You'll enjoy this chapter, it's in third person throughout and – drum roll – it's in Christian's POV! There won't be many of these chapter's but it's worth seeing into his mind.**

DON'T FORGET! THIRD PERSON OK.

____________________________________________________

It took Christian Beaumont far longer to recover than it should have.

To be honest, he saw it coming. Well, that was a bald face pile of shit, he saw something coming. There was no other reason for that beautiful cat-like creature he sired to be within a hairs-breadth away from him. Hell, Christian did exactly the same thing to her earlier. Not once in his seven years of knowing her had he ever hugged her. Even through the blinding pain he was feeling as he dropped to the floor, he smiled thinking how foolish she was for falling for it.

He blamed himself. He was the foolish one now wasn't he? But come now, did she really think she could get away so easily? Standing, he exhaled sharply and adjusted himself through his shorts. She had one hell of a kick that was for sure. She probably could have kicked harder and for that he mentally reminded himself to thank her for not doing so.

Christian waddled with a wince and a mild grunt to the threshold and tried to shake off the hilarity and nausea as quick as he could. Because really, why was he smiling? For all he knew, she's probably ran out into the arms of one of the Steinsson's henchmen and all he could think was, I'm going to have to rip someone's heads off in broad daylight. Speaking of broad daylight, he'd have to scold Kate for making her a new daylight bracelet/necklace/ring.

So with a quick shake of the leg, and one more adjustment to the crotch, he grabbed his bag and raced out of the building. It didn't take long for Christian's small bout of amusement to crumble into thin air. Because Chelsea was reckless. There was no denying that, he's always thought so. Ever since he turned her she's always been the type to do first then think later. He's watched her walk away from him, claiming she didn't need his help, then he picked up the pieces when reality creeped and hooked it's claws into her very being. She was as reluctant as ever to accept any form of help from him – as usual – but she had no choice. He made her. She was his responsibility.

Everyone has their dark moment after turning into a vampire. Some moments may last a life time and Christian was lucky he caught onto hers quick.

He shook his head. What did she think she was going to do now? Run off on her own? No, she wasn't that reckless. He imagined she had some sort of boring plan. Probably called Kate so they could meet.

Her scent lingered in the air. Everyone always thought Chelsea's scent matched her completely. Whereas his was rich, dark and sweet – someone once described it as the taste of warm chocolate. And hers, a spicy ginger complimented by a sugary honey. Her personality completely whereas his... not so much.

He ran through the streets past the unsuspecting humans. She was fast. He smiled wryly. But I'm faster. Entering the busy markets, her scent disintegrated. Dammit, there were too many smells around him to find her. He figured she must not be far; this was technically a good place for a meeting. He was actually pleased with her train of thought. At least she wasn't stupid. In this place, it would be too hard for anyone even a vampire to pinpoint one particular person.

As he wove in and out of the crowd, he ignored the beckoning sellers and kept his bag in front of him. His eyes scanned over every head, over every pair of dark eyes and then paused on a head of blonde hair twenty yards in front. She was clearly looking for someone, her head darting from left to right.

He'd told her blend in. To at least try. Because she was as inconspicuous as a tall tree in the middle of a football field. With quick movement's he snuck up behind her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. Her body stiffened as soon as he made contact and he was surprised he didn't get another kick to the crotch.