10: The Couple

Lay It Down - The Rubens (fave song forever)

Nice long chapt.

______________________________________________________

Like a bat out of hell, I fled. I fled because one: he was a bastard, and two: the kiss was incredible.

And of course, I was mad. He kissed me because he didn't want Feisal and his minions to see not because he, well wanted to. Not that that would have made much of a difference, I would have still been in this haze of rage even if he had wanted to.

I didn't even want to approach the giant rabbit hole of why I was this angry.

I found the room we'd be sharing on the fourth floor and strolled straight inside, leaving the door wide open for Christian to storm in no more than six seconds after me. "Are you out of your mind? What if Feisal was still lurking?"

"If he was, would you kiss me again?" I clipped back, turning toward him.

His shoulders dropped and the look in his eye promised things I wasn't sure my body was even capable of handling. I could only judge that by the certain body part on him that gave me half a salute during our kiss.

"I wouldn't not kiss you."

The asshole used a double negative. The rabbit hole was right there. Why was I this angry? Just because he kissed me? Wouldn't I just slap him, hit him, or something and move on from it just as I did on the bus? When he skimmed those soft, full lips of his across my head earlier, I was shocked. Mostly, I was shocked by how much I wished he'd kiss just that little bit lower beneath my ear, or even across my neck- stop it, Chels. Maybe this was why I was mad. It's been... a while.

"Wait, what? God, Christian you make me so... so mad sometimes I don't- I can't even-"

"If you want me to apologise, I'm not going to." He said approaching me slowly as if I were some sort of wild animal. "I said make it real, you didn't have to run your nails down my stomach."

"You didn't have to stick your tongue down my throat." I countered, blushing.

"But it made it look all the more real, didn't it?"

I bristled and moved forward to throttle him. "Are you kidding me, you son of a b-"

Just as my hands moved to his chest to push him, he grabbed my wrists and held them. I yanked at them but he held them firmly against his chest, his eyes continuing to promise sin after sin after sin.

"I fucking dare you." I seethed.

"Watch that mouth." He murmured flickering his gaze down to the offender in question. "Why are you this upset? Pretty strong emotions for something you shouldn't care about."

Good question.

I clenched my jaw and tried to shrug a stiff shoulder. "It doesn't matter. Just let me go. I'm going for a walk."

"You're not going for a walk did you completely forget who was downstairs?"

"They're clearly gone, we both saw them leave. I won't be gone long, only around the hotel and back."

"As your maker-"

"Don't you do it." I yanked my hands out of his grip and moved away. "Don't say it."

"I command you to stay in this room."

A submissive shiver slid up my spine and gripped onto that stupid protégé gene like a vice. Great. Let's just add that to the growing list of things I'm mad at him for.