9: You Know... For Appearance

!!!!!!!!!!Christian's POV chap!!!! You'll definitely enjoy this one!

_____________________________________

Christian unconsciously reached his hand across the bed only to find the once occupied spot, unoccupied. He jolted awake and glanced around the empty room and tried not to panic or get angry that she was stupid enough to leave the room without him.

Now, now. Calm down. He could still hear her heart beating downstairs. Inhaling a quick breath he sat at the edge of the bed and yawned it back out. For the most part of the night Christian had lay awake trying his damn hardest not to touch her. It was only when he started to drift when he saw her twitch, roll and flee from the bed as if it was going to eat her alive, he stretched for her and kept her spooned against him for the rest of the night.

For a good half an hour she twitched and whimpered. She was dreaming. He didn't have a clue about what but he wished like hell he could have been in there to get rid of whatever was causing her that much fear. It must have been the same dream as the one she'd had in her apartment. They were the same whimpers, the same drumming heart. Chelsea started settling against him, snoring a little under her breath.

Only problem with her settling was the deeper she slept the more she moved. Nestled into his chest, which ultimately meant her very shapely derriere was nestled into his crotch. And with her hair up his nostrils and her warm soft body snuggled against him, any man within a twenty mile radius would be giving him a smack on the back for being as in control as he was.

She was attractive inside and out. And he wished she wasn't. Christian wished she was just another pretty face. But three days with her and he wanted more. He wanted to tell more, wanted to hear just a little bit from her even it's about... the third grade, or something ridiculous. Not only that but he regretted not using the opportunity to use something other than his thumb to wipe the blood away from her lip last night.

Of course he lied when she asked if him sleeping on the floor had anything to do with that.

And his good ol' buddy in his shorts agreed because he had a long, long night nudging the button on his cargo shorts. It's difficult to hide anything in those shorts, he was lucky she was a heavy sleeper and managed to scoot himself to the literal edge of the bed.

Rubbing his hands into his hair he glanced at the old ticking clock in the corner of the room. It was just gone eleven o'clock, so he had some time to figure how to get to the next town. He hoped to God that bus stop was the real deal.

Last night had been a setback. Katherine must not have seen it coming otherwise she would have left a note which only meant the Steinsson's were getting a little smarter. Feisal wasn't there which could mean he hadn't caught up yet. They should have followed the fake trail but who knows how long for?

Dammit, we should have woken up earlier. Who knows if they're still in town?

Christian packed both his and Chelsea's bags before finding the bathroom and washing his face. As he moved to the stairs he paused at Chelsea's laugh.

"Really, we're very grateful for this. I don't know what me and my fiancé would have done."

...Fiancé? Christian tried to stop his smirk but he couldn't. That must have been her story when they asked last night.

"You are very welcome. And he is back here safe? Did you sleep well?"

"He's fine, thank goodness and I slept soundly."

Flat out lie, but okay.

He heard a shuffle before the woman said, "The man, he's very protective."