22: Taken

Marian Hill - Deep

*******Back to Chelsea's POV*********

__________________________________

Exhaling a sharp breath, I entered the bakery; my heart beating a mile a minute. I smiled easily at the woman behind the counter and ordered two coffees and a few Cuban pastries. But honestly, I was too nervous to drink or even eat.

"Good morning,"

I glanced to the entrance, my smile turning down only by the slightest. "Good indeed." I tried to joke.

Erinna came in with one of the softest smiles I've seen from her and said, "Did you have fun?"

"Plenty." I murmured glancing down at the cup holder.

"There's no need to be nervous, Chelsea."

I had every reason to be nervous. I was about twenty seconds away from him seeing me with her. And judging by Kate's visions – or lack thereof – whatever happened when I went up there would literally be unpredictable.

It had to happen this way. He had to see me with Erinna for the plan to be set in motion. Albeit the trust between us would probably be completely destroyed the moment he saw me with her but it was the only way.

The moment he said, didn't I tell you to stay out of trouble kitten? A part of me came alive again. He was fine. The only hair out of place was the stubble on his jaw, chin and upper lip. Of course I was mad at him at first and I tried latching onto it but the moment he smiled, the second he skimmed his hand along my inner thigh, I was gone.

A genuine smile tugged at the corner of my lips at the thought of Christian talking about Vlad. The jealous glint to his eye didn't go unnoticed. Since meeting Vlad four days ago, there was nothing sexual about our friendship. Nothing more had ever been expressed in our conversations. He knew how I felt for Christian and he respected that.

He was a great man but not for me. But it was fun to watch Chris fuss over it.

Being with him this time... God, it made me realise that... I really could be in love with him. What else could explain why I would travel halfway across the world for him? When we danced I was hypnotised. When we made love several times last night I felt connected to Christian in a way I've never felt with anyone before.

Loving someone like him was dangerous. He was, in a way, a time bomb and who knew when he was going to explode. He really was unpredictable. I'd seen it first-hand.

I stepped out of the shop into the warm morning with a frown. "He'll hate me for this."

"He'll get over it." She replied stopping beside me. "Constance told me he's wanted to speak to me about when he turned for years. And because we haven't settled our differences, he's being a child about it. Katherine said he'll say things he won't mean so just take it on the chin. You know what to do."

I sighed and mustered a smile. "Okay. I'll see you later."

She flashed her own smile. "Stay safe."

Crossing the road, I willed my gaze to stay away from our window where he was probably still watching. And instead caught eyes with a familiar broody pair. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here in case you need help." Vlad murmured. "Christian is capable of a lot of things."

"But killing me isn't one of them. You don't have to hang around."

"I'm going to." He opened the door for me which clearly meant the conversation was over.

I made my way up and took a few deep breaths before entering the room with a bright-ish smile. I glanced at him fleetingly and knew I was in for a stressful morning. I placed the drinks and the pastries on the table and froze at the sound of the door locking. Stressful is an understatement.