13: Now

High For This – The Weeknd

Christian's POV and... ***sexual content warning ;)

___________________________________________

If Christian could ask himself one or maybe even two questions right now, any question, it would be probably go along the lines of: "What on this forsaken earth are you doing with that girl? What will you do to the girl when you inevitably hurt her?"

Yes, it was inevitable. It was written within his code to hurt people; that was just the way he worked. He didn't want to though. He's tried up until this point not to hurt her. But what man could turn away from those big blue eyes and that damn smile. Christian craved her attention whether it was her glare or her grin he didn't care. The problem was he craved more than just her attention. And it started with that kiss.

Sure, Katherine suggested he kiss her again to get the attention of that couple but it was literally only a suggestion. He knew they could have claimed their attention some other way. But could he help himself? No. And can you blame him when the girl practically growled at the waitress when she was looking at him a bit longer than what was classes as polite? He saw that twinkle in her eye.

He could remember the way her thigh felt beneath the table, how smooth her skin was. Chelsea had parted her legs when they were kissing, he could only imagine, no, fantasize about the promises that lay between them. And the way she responded at that bus stop... well damn. That's all he'd been thinking about all day even during Kate's plan up until a certain point of course. The way she felt, the way she tasted, the way she responded.

More. He needed a hell of a lot more.

"Thinking are we?"

Christian blinked away his thoughts and refocused his gaze onto Katherine opposite him.

He'd slipped away from her as soon as she'd fallen asleep. He washed away the long day and met Kate downstairs in the restaurant. An hour later, freshly shaved and freshly clothed in a pair jeans and a plain white t-shirt, he was ready to completely monopolise Chelsea's attention this evening.

"I'm thinking about today," He said which wasn't exactly a lie. "With what happened with Chelsea and Dante." Kate's eyes darkened and he rolled his eyes. "It's not your fault."

"It could have been avoided though, what else am I good for?"

"You're good at other things, Kate like... you know, spells." Shrugging, he took a sip of his wine. "What could we possibly do without the spells?"

She grunted a noise but then shook her head. "You know, I don't know how she'll react when you tell her."

"It's the only way to keep her safe," He murmured automatically. "That or I take her with me and I don't want to bloody do that. I can only protect her for so long."

"You've been doing well until now. And I'm sorry I saw it that way but the only way for her to survive is to send her back home. Evie and Michael know what's going on and they promised to help as much as they can."

See, this is where he knows it is inevitable that he'd hurt her. He already knew what she'd say, "Are you stupid, I'm coming with you." Or, "You're just going to go to them? This easily? What if they kill you?" And then that'd be followed with a slap, a punch, whatever part of her body she was willing to bruise to hurt him.

Katherine had seen... her hurt. She didn't know where she was in her vision, didn't know who had done it but Chelsea had been beaten to near death and even hearing about it Christian had smashed the glass he was drinking from in his hand.