Chapter 3

We made it to the cinema, and I was glad that I'd at least have the movie we were about to see as a replacement for my awkward silence the entire time we were in the car. The happy couples were talking away, laughing, kissing occasionally. It was like I wasn't even there. Maybe they actually didn't notice that I was.

I was kinda planning on sort of separating myself from them once we got inside the theater. Once we walked inside, we immediately stepped up to buy our tickets, of course. Right after, we ran up to get popcorn, candy, slushies, and whatever else our sweet-craving selves desired.

"Hey man don't worry, I'll pay for all of ours" Chris said nicely and smiled.

"No, no you don't have to. Please let me pay for mine, I got a lot of st-"

"Shush", Chris wouldn't allow it, apparently feeling awfully generous today. "I got it, it's not a problem."

"Well thanks man", I nodded in appreciation to him.

I secretly slipped £10 into his pocket though, because I would feel guilty to make him pay for me. That's how I was with everyone in those situations. I especially wouldn't expect Chris to pay if I was planning on trying to slip away from them, though.

I don't know, I just didn't feel like being around them if I knew they were gonna ignore me the entire time. There's really no point in that. Besides, they probably actually wouldn't even notice. Ah well, it's better that way.

We made our way into the correct theater, and darkness consumed us as we stepped closer inside. The stairs going up were lit on the edges so we could at least see where we were walking, so that we wouldn't fall and die obviously.

We chose to sit sort of in the middle of the theater, but closer to the top so we could have a better view. I decided I'd sit with them in the beginning so that they wouldn't just see me ditch them. I'll wait until they're totally just engrossed in each other's company before I sneak off.

After about 5 or so minutes of silly previews, the movie finally began. I opened a bag of the snacks that I got and began eating them like a pig. I was starving honestly, I'd barely been eating lately. Just didn't have an appetite, really. Sometimes you're too disgusted with things and eating is the last thing you're concerned with. It doesn't even feel like a priority, at those points.

The movie made me laugh a bit, which was good as I feel like I haven't laughed in a lifetime. Well not literally a lifetime, you know, but a considerably long time. It's hard to find things funny when you're always down like I am.

I picked up the cherry slushie from the cup holder, and allowed the icy flavored substance to refresh my taste buds. It gave me brain freeze cause I drank it down too fast, but that was soon forgotten as I noticed someone out of the corner of my eye. He was sitting 2 rows in front of us, but was a few more seats to the right. He appeared to be alone, but maybe he had a little kid with him or something that was too small to see from behind. Or maybe his girlfriend was using the restroom, or went to get more snacks. I couldn't help but think of all these theories to justify that he really wasn't alone, because he just looked too... Perfect to be alone. Who wouldn't want to be in his presence? I'm sure it's obvious that I do.

I glanced over to my group of friends. Chris and Becky were whispering to each other and holding hands, not paying attention to the film. Jessica and PJ were doing the same really, but then they began to kiss and that's when I just had to look away.

I glanced over again at the guy I was 'checking out', and he still appeared to be by himself. Without giving it a second thought, I grabbed the rest of my snacks and made my way over to him. My friends didn't seem to notice or pay any attention to the fact that I did this, and I was glad.

I looked over to the left of me, and my eyes met with another pair of eyes that were deeper and more brilliant than most I've ever seen before. His auburn-tinted hair shined from the light of the screen, and his lips curved into a warming smile.

"Well hello", he finally said, in his gorgeous Irish accent.

As if he couldn't be any more damned appealed, he had to have an Irish accent too. My god.

"Hey there, I'm Phil. Who are you?" I tried to sound cute and stuff, why I don't know. Like I would ever appeal to him anyway.

"I'm Brian. Call me BriBry, though. All my friends do. Lovely to meet you Phil." He smiled again, in the amazing way that he does. "I really like watching your videos, by the way."

Oh crap. Crap crap crap. I was in no way expecting him to be a fan. I mean yeah this was great and all, but I can feel that I'm blushing like a maniac. Oh dear Phil, calm yourself.

I smiled in return, trying my best to act natural. "Well thank you! I wasn't expecting you to be a fan. I rarely see many of my fans when I'm out, and I surely wasn't expecting to meet one at the cinema."

"Well surprise, surprise!" BriBry said and laughed. I laughed too, he was really nice and funny for someone I'd just randomly decided to start a conversation with.

Luckily there was no one else in the entire theater though except for us and my friends. They weren't even paying attention either, still. My 'friends' didn't even notice me. I wondered why they even invited me to go. They probably just wanted me to get out of the house, since I haven't in nearly a week. I really never felt like it though. I'm glad I chose to tag along this time though, as I would've never met BriBry if I hadn't.

"So what brought you over here?" He asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh well um, you just looked lonely and I, I was too." I mumbled, hoping he would either understand what I was hinting, or not take it the wrong way.

"Yeah I guess I am..." He trailed off, as I moved my hand over to his and brushed against it lightly with my thumb. "... I was gonna say because my girlfriend is out with her bestfriend, but you didn't let me finish." He chuckled awkwardly.

Oh god, what have I done? Why did I have to go and try to make a move on him so fast?! Am I that desperate and lonely? Yeah, I guess I am.

"S-sorry Brian, I-"

"Haha, it's alright man, no worries. Sorry though, I don't roll that way. I don't have a problem with those who do, though." He smiled slightly, apparently trying to comfort me and rid the atmosphere of the awkwardness I created.

"Okay good, hahaa. Sorry again though, I didn't mean to come off like that so quickly.." I looked down, blushing again, this time from being ashamed.

"Really Phil, it's okay. I know I'm a sexy beast." He joked and we laughed together.

He really was a sexy beast though.

The movie ended and I said bye to BriBry, "it was nice meeting you!" I said in a hushed voice.

"You too! See you around." He smiled and nodded to me before exiting the theater.

I kinda wished I would've gotten his number, but there was really no point since I made it so awkward right when we first met. I shrugged and walked back over to my friends, who seriously didn't even know I had gone.

"Did you enjoy the movie?" They asked, all smiley and a bit giggley, as they were probably still laughing at something they said to each other before.

"Yeah thanks, it was funny" I replied, and smiled a really fake smile, which was all I could manage.

"It was! We should get going though, no need to stick around for the credits." PJ commented.

We all agreed, and with that, we took off.

"You know, we should do something fun tonight." Jessica said, apparently having formed plans for the night ahead already. "Let's go get drunk!"

"I'm up for it", I shrugged, which was no surprise to them either, as they knew how much I liked to drink.

Everyone else agreed as well. This should be fun honestly, because I really don't care what I do when I'm drunk. I guess we'll just see what happens. Hopefully not something worth remembering though, cause I probably wouldn't remember a thing the next morning. Oops.