Chapter 9

I felt like someone or something was surrounding me, and it was such an awkward, uncomfortable feeling that I couldn't explain. Sort of like I was being closed-in on. I don't even know.   

"Dude..." I heard a faint mumble. "It's ready. Come here."  

Where? And what's ready?  

"AYE!"  

"HUH" I sprang up, in a cold sweat.    

I looked over, only to find PJ next to the bed, nearly doubling over in laughter. I glared at him, but began to laugh with him in a matter of seconds, because he always did things like this. He liked to joke around, and I enjoyed that about PJ.   

"So I was just saying breakfast is ready, if you'd like to come eat... But you better change your underwear first", he chuckled again.   

"Ha ha, very funny dude. But yeah food sounds great, I'm starving." I peeled the covers off my body and rolled out of bed, stretching a bit and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes before I followed PJ to the kitchen.   

"Damn, it's noon already?" I asked as I glanced at my phone, before unlocking it and checking the few messages and stuff I received while I was asleep.   

"Yeah, and before you know it, it'll be night time. You know what that means... Partying!" PJ sounded really enthusiastic.   

I mean, I don't blame him, I was fairly excited too. It'll be nice to go out with my friends again and have a nice time... Well, hopefully. Obviously that's not all I have to worry about. I have a whole other situation on my hands now. Just the thought of it was making my head spin.   

"I can't wait, but at the same time I can..." I sighed, sitting back in the chair at the kitchen table and taking a deep breath. Peej would obviously know what I meant by this.   

"Ooh, right... Good luck dude. You know Kayla will show her true colors eventually. It's inevitable. She can't hide her dirty little secret forever."  

"But what if she can?!" I pleaded. "Or what if Dan does find out, but she apologises and says she'll never do it again, or some crap like that, and he buys it? You know he's nice and forgiving, Jessica even told me that."  

"I honestly don't know... We just have to wait and see what happens. If Kayla chooses to continue screwing around, that's her choice. If Dan wants to stay with something like that, we can't do anything about it either. We just have to wait and see what'll happen if he does find out."  

"You're right, Peej. I can't keep thinking I can control all of this or something, I just gotta wait and see how it all unfolds."  

"Yup, that's all you can do."   PJ sat down with me as we continued talking and began digging into our breakfast.   

-----------------------------

6pm  

PJ and I were watching tv, not really paying close attention to it as our minds were elsewhere, and we were engaged in conversation.   

"Aha, I remember that m-"  

"PARTY'S HERE!!"   

I was cut off as Becky strutted into the house, holding Chris' hand as they both stepped inside.   

"Yes, you can come in" PJ rolled his eyes, obviously joking but hinting to the fact that they just barged in without warning. Not like we'd mind, though. We were expecting them after all.   

"So, I'd say we should leave in about an hour if we wanna be able to get into the place by 8..." Chris reasoned.   

"True babe, but we could've gone right now if these bums were already ready." Becky teased.