Chapter 11

Everyone just ended up coming back to my flat with me. Chris, PJ, Becky, and Jessica, that is. We were all really worried about Dan, and we basically knew that we wouldn't be getting much sleep without knowing if he was okay or not. I hope he would text one of us, at least. I just want him to be safe.   

"So, Dan hasn't texted you or anything?" I asked Jessica. I made sure to ask her first, because it seems to me like she's the closest to Dan, out of my little group of friends.   

"Phil, you know I would've said something if he did. Believe me, I'm worried sick just like you... We all are." She sighed.   

"I know, I know..." I sighed as well. I was pacing back and forth out of worry, at this point. "Hey, do you think I could have his number? I mean, I'm pretty sure I kind of... Deserve to have it by now."  

I'm surprised I didn't ask for it earlier, honestly. Hell, I probably could've gotten it from Dan himself. He seemed cool with me at the bar, we were talking just like normal friends would. Obviously we were avoiding conversation about what happened between us. But other than that, it was fairly normal.   

"Of course you can! Gosh, you waited long enough to ask" Jessica rolled her eyes a bit jokingly, trying to make the slightest humor out of this situation, to get our minds off of being worried, at least for a second.   

I chuckled a bit, I honestly agreed with her, and it kinda bothered me that I waited so long to get his number. It also bothered me that I resorted to asking someone else for it. I'm such a shy little baby sometimes, when it comes to these things.   

Right after I saved Dan's number to my phone (which I named his contact 'Dan<3', just because I could... And because it was cute), I texted him. I said simply, "hey Dan, it's Phil. Are you okay?!"    

I hope he would be able to tell just how worried I was, as soon as he read that. I wanted him to know that I really care about him. It was probably too soon for him to know how I truly feel about him, but I just wanted him to know that I'd always be here for him. No matter what.   

All of us just continued to sit there in silence. We literally had nothing to say, because there was nothing we could do, really. It's not like we could just go out searching for Dan, when we had like a 1% chance of finding him.   

"Hey, why don't we just drive over to Dan's place? Even if he isn't there, at least we'll know we tried..." Becky suggested.   

"Yeah, that's not a bad idea..." Chris agreed.   

We all nodded in agreement at each other. Why couldn't we have just done this on the way back here? We could've just went there instead. I actually feel incredibly stupid that I didn't think of this. Well not really, because we clearly thought he would've ventured somewhere less obvious than his own house.   

"Okay let's go, then. Becky, do you need help walking still?" Chris asked, already preparing himself to help her stand up.   

"Nah, I think I'm-"   Becky was interrupted by a pounding at the door.   

It scared the shit out of us, we definitely weren't expecting it. Who the hell would be knocking at my door at 2am? Should I even answer it? I don't exactly want to open the door for a murderer or something.   

"Just get it" PJ whispered.   

I nodded, and slowly began approaching the door. Unlocking it slowly and quietly, I began to internally brace myself for who would be there.   

I turned the handle, and slowly, fully opened the door. I was looking down, but my eyes carefully began looking upwards. I found myself lost in a pair of dark eyes again. It was him. Dan.