Chapter 6

"When darkness faaaaaaallllsss..." My phone began to go. Yes, I had 'Follow Me' by Muse as my ringtone, because it was my favorite song at the moment.   

I groaned, because someone was calling. I'd much rather just let it ring because first off, I could hear more of the song that way. And secondly, I just wouldn't have to answer the phone. I decided not to be a dick, however, and rolled over to reach the table by my bed and grab my iPhone, just in time to miss the call.   

Good timing, Phil.   

I checked who it was, and it appeared to be Jessica. No big deal then, probably. I was actually relieved because I had this small fear in me that it could somehow be Dan calling me, even though I knew in reality that he didn't have my number, or even a way to get it.   

I sighed, and pressed the phone to my ear as I began to call Jessica back, while pulling myself out of bed slowly and lazily,  as I decided to give up on sleep. There was just too much on my mind. I couldn't stop thinking, so I wasn't even tired anymore. I was used to that, really.   

"Phil?" She answered on the second ring. Her voice appeared to lack normality and suspiciously contain some sort of concerning tone, which I hoped to find out why in a second.   

"Hey, Jessica. What's up?"  

"Are you alright, Phil? What happened last night?"  

"Crap..." I whispered softly to myself.

I sort of forgot that I just ditched my friends again while we were at the club last night... I mean of course I didn't think they would mind. After all, I got away with it at the cinema. So obviously I wasn't expecting it to be a big deal, especially not enough to be talked about the next day. I guess they really did want to hang out with me last night. Well... Oh.   

"Oh right, yeah well, I kinda got home and stuff and passed out, so I wasn't really in condition to tell you, or even think of it since I was so wasted after all..." I trailed off, having a battle within my thoughts as I wondered if I should tell her about Dan or not.

I mean it wasn't a big deal either, it was just a one night stand, right? I knew she wouldn't judge me, because she already knew I was gay. So did our other friends, so it wouldn't matter if they knew either. Plus I guess it would clear some things up if I told them everything...  

"Weren't you with someone last night? Chris said he saw you talking to Dan and then he noticed after a while that you both had left, so we assumed you left together. Right?"   

"Yeah, we-"   

I stopped mid-sentence as I just truly realized what she said. I mean, I knew  that she probably saw me talking to him and leaving with him, but not that she KNEW him. Apparently Chris did too, judging by what she just asked me. So then Becky and PJ probably knew him too. But how would they know him?  

"Wait y-you said Dan?" I asked, confusion obvious in my voice.   

She giggled a bit, "yes, silly! The one you clearly got it on with last night, Philip... Don't you remember anything?! Haha oh dear"   

She made me feel kinda stupid with what she said, but I did barely remember much, after all.   

"Yes I know, I know. I remember enough. But I meant like, how do you know Dan?" I couldn't ask anymore straight-forward than that.   

"Dan works at the club! Oh, I just remembered that yesterday was your first time there though, haha sorry. You would've gone there a lot if you didn't prefer drinking at home by yourself! Live a little, my friend!" She said, still giggling but being serious at the same time.