Chapter 5

I jolted awake, unable to process my surroundings within the next few seconds, until I began regaining consciousness. I realized I was in a cold sweat, which wasn't anything too out of the ordinary, as I'd usually end up with them when I drank too much the night before. And sadly, that was fairly often.   

I sat up in bed slowly, allowing the covers to drift off me, and letting the feeling of my pounding headache take over me. I held my head in my hands as I stepped out of bed, but stopped in my tracks as I remembered something. Someone. Dan.   

Although I didn't remember too much of last night, I know he came home with me. But where was he? He wasn't in bed with me, wasn't on the floor next to my bed, or anywhere else in my room.   

I crept out into the hallway, and knocked on the bathroom door as I approached it, "Dan?"   

No answer.   

I finally got to the kitchen, and there was no one else there but myself.   

"Dan?!" I yelled out, making sure I was loud enough so he could hear me no matter where he could've been in my flat.  

I saw something out of the corner of my eye, and it caught me off guard. There was a little note taped to the fridge, and it was on a small blue piece of paper. The black-inked writing on the paper contrasted with the blue shade of it enough to make it readable.   

It read:   

Phil, I'm really sorry for last night. You might not remember all of it, or even any of it, but I do. I'm really glad we met, not only because I'm such a big fan, but you've helped me through more than you realize. I just wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you, but I think last night was the first and last time you'll be seeing me. It was all a mistake. I'm sorry. Good luck in life, and don't stop what you do. 

Dan  

I sighed heavily, and combed my fingers through my hair uneasily. What was going on? But wait, what had even happened? No one else was around Dan and I last night, so it's not like I knew who to ask about what happened. Well... Of course I was with Dan, but I don't even think I got his number last night.   

Even if I had his number, I don't think I would've been able to bring myself to contacting him, though. There was no point, he didn't ever want to hear from me again. That's basically what he says in the letter. Plus, if he knew it was me trying to call or text him, he surely would ignore it.   

Oh. Wait. I have an idea.   

I just remembered that I know what Dan's twitter is, as he always tweets me on it. He tweets me before anyone else, more than anyone else, everything. How could I not notice him? I replied to him quite often, but I tried not to make it obvious, as the fans get agitated when I reply to the same people a lot. I mean, I don't know why, it's usually not on purpose or anything. But in Dan's case, it was. He just seemed so sweet, funny, unique, and... Cute. Also very special.   

I began to question myself, asking if I should really go through with this. I decided to just do it. What's the worst that could happen?   

I got my laptop, went to his twitter, and pressed 'follow'. He had only tweeted 10 minutes ago, so he should be back soon, and notice the little surprise waiting for him in his interactions.  I mainly only did this so I could DM him, and he'd be able to DM me back. I obviously wasn't gonna just tweet him and ask him for his number.  

I began to scroll through my timeline, and the first tweet on there was none other than "OOOMMMGGG... PHIL JUST FOLLOWED ME. I THOUGHT IT WAS A PARODY ACCOUNT OR SOMETHING BUT IT'S NOT I CAN'T BREATHE". I was laughing to myself, shaking my head slightly and admiring what a fangirl Dan apparently was.   

I couldn't help but notice his second tweet though... "Haha I feel bad for Kayla, having to deal with my fangirling all the time. But she fangirls with me so it's okay xD".   

Kayla... Kayla... Why did this name ring a bell all of a sudden? I know it's just a name, so obviously I've heard it before, but it actually sounded familiar to me in a way that it had to do with something.   

I tried to think harder, but then I noticed something else, and I didn't have to think anymore. All my suspicions were confirmed.   

A retweet appeared on my timeline, of a tweet from a girl named Kayla.   

"@danisnotonfire haha we do fangirl together! That's probably why we're the perfect couple, obviously. Lol ;)"   

I don't even know why, but I just wanted to explode. It made me so angry, and I couldn't explain it. So, apparently this 'Kayla' was Dan's girlfriend. But then what does the letter he wrote me even mean?   

It sounds sort of like a break-up note, if you ask me. But I'm sure I would've remembered if we were together, which we couldn't have been after only one night. Well, of course we could've, but I don't see how it could have actually happened.    

What still confused me the most is why Dan didn't want to see me or talk to me ever again, but then he freaks out when I follow him on twitter. Probably just to make all his followers jealous. Whatever.   

I closed my laptop and set it aside, walking over to crawl back into bed. The only way my brain would stop overthinking everything was if I slept, so that's what I decided to do.   

It only just occurred to me, that I felt something slightly damp and sticky on my back. Apparently, whatever it was, was on the bedsheets under me, and on the exact part I was lying on. Great.   

I leant up to see what exactly it was, and there was a white tint to it. Only slight because apparently it was beginning to seep into the sheets... But I knew what it was.   

"Last night was the first and last time you'll be seeing me..." "It was a mistake...." 

The words from Dan's letter pierced my brain, obviously crying out to me that this pool of cum in my bed had to do with what happened last night.   

So I guess Dan and I had sex. And he had a girlfriend, to make matters even worse.   

I just shifted to the clean side of the bed and passed out. There was no reason for me to be awake if I can't think of any way to begin to solve this. I was actually really ashamed and embarrassed.   

I made my biggest fan cheat on his girlfriend with me. What a despicable thing to do. Of course I had no idea, and was too drunk to comprehend much of anything at the time, but so was Dan. We had to work this out sometime or another. We had to.   

Guys PLEASE let me know if you like this story or not! If I get more feedback on it, then I might update more and sooner :) thanks!