An army of angels, boogeyman and strong alike

As soon as we walked back in to the house, Mathiaos shot up and walked straight for us, a stone expression on his face and my first fear was making my heart jump into my chest until he broke into a big goofy grin and stretched his arms out to embrace Rafael. Rafael only grinned back, returning the embrace. I stood there confused as hell as well as everyone else wondering just what the hell was going on.

"It's been a long time old friend." Mathiaos greeted, releasing Rafael and holding him at arms length.

"Too long. Although I am surprised to see you down here. Michael had not mentioned you're being here to me." Rafael inquired.

"Well it was Anael who had asked me to come and help this lovely lady out. She said she would let him know." Mathiaos replies nervously scratching the back of his head before straightening up." But I should have let him know myself. Anael is not solely to blame."

"Relax old friend, I'm here of my own accord. Michael will not reprimand anyone against our father's wishes. So would you like to introduce me?" 

"Hahaha, yes well you've already met Anais, this is Terese a skin walker and dear friend to Anais," He began, motioning to each one in the room as he introduced them." This is Ezra, another skin walker and dear friend and protecter of Anais, this is Demian a reaper who just happened to be in the right place at the right time and this is Magali, she is Anais's..."

"She took me in after my REAL mother died." I interrupted abruptly, ignoring the pain in Magali's eyes. I look away and stare straight into Rafael's knowing gaze.

"Oh I know who she is, don't you worry about that." He replied softly before turning to everyone else. "I am Rafael, archangel of healing I guess you could say, and forgiveness and it is a pleasure to meet you all. I do hope I could become part of this enthralling group"

 I couldn't help but notice how Demian and Rafael were staring each other down until Demian walked out silently, leaving Rafael staring after him. He turned around and smiled warmly at me before gesturing for me to take a seat. He seemed so genuinely concerned I felt I couldn't deny him that much. As soon as I saw Magali take a seat across from me I tensed slightly and immediately became cold and unreadable to her, as Rafael looked silently from me to her. He took my hand gently and I pulled it away turning down to look at him angrily. 

"Don't. Just don't!" I spat out angrily, grabbing my leather jacket on my way out. I ran into Demian whom I could hear shout after me but I only flip him the bird and kept on walking. I am so tired of everyone trying to fix things between Magali and I without taking into consideration how the fuck I felt. I look around, noticing I had stopped in front of a bar and walked in, ignoring the inquisitive glances my way and sit at a stool at the bar. The bartender eyes me suspiciously before approaching. He had clear green eyes a stout nose and thin lips with sharp cheek bones and a bald head. He wore a tight white t shirt over an impressively toned torso and black slacks.

"You look like you need a drink." His voice was deep and raspy.

"Give me a double shot tequila." I replied.

"Ah I see your'e an outer realmer." He laughed as I raised my eyebrows." I don't have your tequila here but I have a close second but it tastes a bit like pomogranate. And it's stronger."

"Hit me."

When he looked at me puzzled I huffed annoyed." That means give me some please."

"Ah I see alright."

He handed me a beautiful glass cup in shape of a tear drop that was slightly tinted red at the bottom and filled a quarter of the glass and I clink the glass for more. He eyes me cautiously before shrugging and filling it to half. I bring the glass to my nose and sniff , the fragrant smell of pomegranate enticingly mixed with the smell of liquor making my mouth water. I take a small sip, letting the heat burn slowly on the way down, my muscles relax slightly. I drink it in one gulp before setting my glass down for more ignoring his concerned stare as he fills my glass, then he  watched as I down it once more. He wasn't kidding when he said it was stronger.  My body feels suddenly hot but not uncomfortable, I feel if I were  weightless and I stare him straight in the eyes, chuckling at his concern. I place my glass before him once more and frown when he doesn't fill it.