Chapter 16

Demian stretched leisurely, opening his eyes and almost cried out, had it not been for Ezra's quick reaction in placing his hand over Demian's mouth. He put a finger to his lips to signal quite and removed his hand before taking a step back, giving Demian room to get up. Ezra immediately turned around as soon as he realized Demian was naked and waited, facing the wall until he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around meeting Demian's hard questioning look but Ezra didn't say a thing, only motioned for Demian to follow him. Demian took a quick look back to see Anais sleeping soundly, a small smile on her lips and he couldn't help the urge to go over and give them a quick peck. She didn't wake up only smiled wider and turned around, deeply asleep. He turned when Ezra cleared his throat softly, trying to keep a straight face. Demian only grimaced and strode forward, closing the door to the bedroom.

"There had better be a damn good reason for you to be disturbing me right now Ezra." Demian growled irritably.

"Oh I do. But I'm not saying shit until we are far from earshot from Anais." Ezra replied coolly. 

 At this Demian paused and eyed Ezra questioningly, but all he did was shake his head and led Demain down to the first floor, out the back into the barn like structure. Demean was shocked to see the moon still out, low on the horizon but still out and wandered what time it was.

"It's four thirty in the morning."

Demian jumped slightly and gave Terese an  irritating look." I hate when you do that! Now why the hell did you bring me all the way out here in the middle of dawn?!"

"Because we caught a stray mutt, a baby and an angel." 

"What?!" 

Terese motioned for Demian to follow her as she entered the barn, leading past the stables, the piles of hay, the shooting targets and there in the middle of the barn surrounded by ,Mathios, Lestat, Siobhan, Rafael, and that other vampire Vladimir, all with weapons drawn stood Marcos clutching what seemed like a baby protectively to his ches, baring his fangs, a lovely young woman behind him, with a sword drawn, eyeing them carefully. Demian felt his blood boil at the mere sight of Marcos.

"I'm not here to fight or to hurt any of you!!" Marcos growled glaring at Demian.

"You've got to be fucking out of your mind if you think I'm gonna believe you!" Demian spat back.

"Where's Anais?! I need to speak to her!" 

"Your not going anywhere near her!" 

"Dammit Demian this has nothing to do with how I felt for her it's bigger than that!!! " 

"Is that a baby in your arms?!"

 Everyone turned suddenly, watching as Anais walked forward in nothing more than a robe, sending Demian and Ezra a furious look. Ezra only winced as she walked up to them. Demian stared at her sternly trying to keep her from going any further. Anais shoved past him and stood a mere few feet from where Marcos stood.

"I asked you a question Marcos!"

Marcos flinched, turning to look at her a little surprised. He hadn't expected her to look even more beautiful, if that was possible but she did and she looked mad as hell. 

"Yes, she's about four months old."

" where are her parents? Her mother? Why do you have her?"

"Both of her parents are dead....."