Chapter 20

Lucius calmly swirled his drink, observing the change in color as he did. Interesting how human blood had a way of thickening with time. Yet like some good wines it tasted better with age. He'd yet to find the blasted bird but he was confident he would. She was getting stronger after all. And he could almost sense her power, unless of course she had finally learned to control them. And if she had well then defeating her would be a little harder. But he was prepared. He looked out into the storm and grumbled. He hated cold weather. His eyes landed on an old picture of him with a beautiful young woman, feeling his chest tighten slightly as his emotions threatened to implode. She was gone. She was HIS now. But he's get her ha land he'd make her see she needed him just as he needed her. He closed his eyes, relishing in the memory of her soft skin her hands around his neck, playing with the hair on the back of his head as he kissed her supple lips, her slender taught body against his. He slipped a hand into his pants, stroking himself as he remembered the feel of her ample breasts in his hands, being wrapped in her warmth as she caressed and kissed him. How she used to say how much she loved him... An anguished cry escaped his lips as he realized how much he'd loved her too. How that was ALL she'd ever wanted, just to hear him say it. He cried as he realized how far he'd pushed her and groaned as he realized how much he just needed to feel his arms wrapped around her as she wrapped him in her loving embrace. He suddenly threw the glass, shattering it against the wall. He turned angrily as someone dared disrupt him.

"WHAT IS IT!!"

"Sire  they've found the girl. She's on the east coast, just beyond Mangevilla. She's not alone sir."

He paused momentarily and realized this was his chance. He wiped his face and turned to face his general.

"Get the men assembled  we leave first thing tomorrow morning. It's been seven months maybe now she's ready to play." He growled as he laughed heartily. 'I will get you back my love and I will never let you go' he thought as he slid into bed, images of her in his arms once again dancing before his eyes. 

  Everyone watched in amazement. Anaiis moved with such agility it seemed almost impossible and her strength had more than tripled. It had been almost seven months and she had poured herself completely into training. She was ready physically, spiritually and emotionally. She'd helped train others and now what once was an army of maybe a hundred had expanded to an army of almost a thousand. She'd kept herself occupied and had not given herself time to grieve Demian's absence. The news that Lucius was headed her way had been confined two weeks ago and she's made sure to make a strong hold for all of the villagers. She'd made it out of granite and made it big enough to hold enough food and supplies for the long haul. Her fire powers were perfectly controlled as was her ability to bend metal and move objects with her mind. Now it was just a waiting game to see when Lucius would arrive and attack. 

  She finished pairing with a fellow soldier and clapped him on the back. She needed a bath and some time to relax and be alone. Something she seldom enjoyed these past couple of months. She walked past rows of people, some smiling at her some showing their respects and others showing their alliance to her. She was a few meters from the house and internally she was thankful Magali had agreed to let the training be held in her back yard.

"Anaiis." 

 She froze.  It had been months since she had heard that sultry voice. She turned slowly and looked into deep hazel green eyes filled with uncertainty, fear hope and love. She swallowed roughly unable to speak. To move. He was here. He came back. He returned for...her?