Chapter 17

Lucius exhaled slowly, relishing in the power that surged through his veins, strengthening him, feeding his insanity, fueling his rage. He inhaled again, the smell of freshly spilt blood making his mouth water and calmly he wondered if this was what those damn mutts and leeches felt when they had to hunt. The urge filled his body from the top of his head to his loins to the tip of his toes and he loved it. But not as much as he loved HER. But he'd get HER back and he'd make Lucifer grovel at his feet. He opened his eyes, taking in the scenery before him; tattered and torn tents, small fires scattered the fields, limbs, entrails and blood soaked the once bright green grassy fields where the damn pack of mutts had been residing, women men and children had tried to stand their ground first and when they had realized they were no match for him they had tried to escape only to find that too was hopeless and he had thoroughly enjoyed killing them, ravaging their girls and women and an occasional man and drinking their blood. He got up slowly and smiled coldly realizing that with each creatures' blood ingested he got more and more powerful, which would make it extremely easy to get to the Phoenix, and once he had her it would be a piece of cake taking down Lucifer and then the one who had cast him down to hell.

Making his way over to the lake, he slowly began stripping each blood soaked, torn piece of clothing before standing on the sandy shore of the lake, he ran his left hand through his dirty, blood crusted hair, trailing his hand down his chest, his stomach and to his engorged crotch and began to slowly caress himself, his breath hitching and suddenly his eyes caught sight of something, so conveniently strewn amongst the water reeds; a female's lower torso. He walked over picked up the chunk and slid himself in gasping at the cold tightness of its center and moaned as he pumped slowly at first, then faster as images of HER flashed before him, HER smooth skin, HER perky breasts, HER tight inviting cunt... he gasped and jerked as he found his release and jumped suddenly when he felt something hot land on his feet and he realized that he could see his cock on the other end of the tunnel and laughed at his "lucky fuck" find. He pulled out and threw it behind him before diving head first into the cold water, emerging and letting himself float, enjoying this sudden sense of calm. He'd get HER back no matter what and then they'd all pay dearly.

It was midday when Lucius arrived to a small village renowned for fostering the region's most powerful warlock. He kept his head low, allowing the hood of his cloak to obscure his features. The villagers saw him, giving him a wide berth and avoided him like the plague. Only one little girl pulled away from her mother and ran up to him, stopping right in front of him blocking his path. She looked up at him, curiously before running off again but not before turning around and sticking her tongue out at him. He growled loudly before he stuck his long forked tongue out at her, scaring her into her mothers arms. The woman hastily picked her up and ran in the opposite direction. He continued on until he reached an iron gated house that resembled something out of a horror movie. The yard was overgrown with hideous trees with low claw like branches, the windows were black, covered in ancient symbols. He opened the gate slowly carefully making his way to the front door then froze. He growled when he noticed the image of the the Celtic shield in cast iron that hung just above the door. Now how in the hell was he supposed to get that damn warlock now? He stood there and began to turn when a deep rumbling laughter startled him slightly and he glared at the seven foot, thick pot bellied man, dressed in black robes that did little to hide the shape of his pot belly or the bulge of his muscles. His peppered thick beard hung past his chest and his long curly peppered hair was braided and pulled into a messy man bun. His face resembled more a dry river bed with wrinkles and lines scattering his age weathered face but his silver eyes shone brightly and Lucius knew this would not be easy.

"So it is true then? You plan to knock our good Lord and Lucifer off of their thrones and take over?!" The warlock bellowed heartily, his booming laughter a pain in Lucius' ear.