Chapter 18

The gentle winter breeze caressed the branches, swaying them causing leaves to  flitter down in a hypnotic slow free fall dance until they came to their resting place. Bright reds, oranges and fiery yellows littered the ground, making the yard appear as if it were on fire. The sun peeked out from the rain h act clouds occasionally and in the distance thunder rumbled with the promise of an incoming storm and one that would be long and hard. Demian watched Anais sleep, a feelings my of overwhelming love and fear washing over him. He had to wake her, he knew he did especially with the latest news but he hadn't dared knowing fully that she would not run. No she would fight and fight hard. But he was afraid to lose her. He gently placed a kiss on her forehead before heading out. He turned an stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Magali staring at him. She did not look happy.

"If you take away her chance  she will never forgive you. She has a right to fight back, to fight  for her life." Magali retorted.

"For her life or for your life?" Demian challenged.

"So for your own selfless sh needs you would let that beast take over all of us?! He will slaughter us all!" Magali's voice rose, shrilly and panicked.

"And with what he has he will kill her!!! I CANNOT LOSE HER! She has no clue how strong he is!" 

"And neither of you have any idea how strong I am!"

  Both Demian and Magali turned towards the bed where Anais sat up, calmly, determined and very angry nonetheless. She swung her legs over the edge and got up. She walked over to her closet and pulled on a black Cotten long sleeve low cut blouse, black boot cut jeans and her favorite black boots. She turned and eyed them both as she quickly fishtail braided her hair back and grabbed her leather jacket brushing past them both, silently. Magali scowled at Demian angrily and followed her out, Demian following suit. Anais had walked out back and was in the process of preparing her quiver when they caught up.Demian took several steps towards her and paused when she held her palm up.

"Don't make this any harder on yourself and tell me what the fuck is going on." She ordered coolly.

"Anais...." Demian  began.

"Should I ask someone else to tell me then?!" Anais finally locked her gaze with his and he took a deep breath before shaking his head.

"Lucius has discovered and acquired weapons that could kill you and prevent you from coming back or being reborn. He is determined to drink and use your blood to attain immortality and to take over the realms and the world. He has also killed and drank the blood of several powerful warlocks witches and other demons. They say he is unstoppable." Demian said stoically.

"And because of that you believe it's your right to protect me but it's not. I am much stronger than  any of you believe me to be. I'd appreciate a little more fucking faith!"Anais growled angrily. " I need to fight back!! I don't need you or anyone to fight my battles!"

"You will not be alone." Rafael interjected as he approached the three of them.  

"I will fight beside you sister," Ezra piped in.

"As I. It's been a long time since I've kicked some ass." Terese chuckled.

"I too will fight the cause, especially for such a lovely young lady as yourself. It would be an honor to lay my life down for such beauty."  Vladimir said eloquently as he bowed, causing Anaïs to turn several shades of red. 

  There was a knock at the door and as she went to answer she was appalled at all the people or creatures at the door. At seeing her they all went down on bended knee, and the gentleman that had knocked looked into her eyes, his bright purple eyes alight with determination.