Chapter 21

Anaiis knelt down, gently cradling Demian in her arms, squeezing him to her, crying into the crook of his neck. Each sob wracking her entire body. He was gone. She would never again see his gold green eyes that always laughed, always undressed her and made her feel safe, sexy and loved. She'd never again feel his strong protective arms around her or his warmth as they slept. She sobbed and soon nature began to cry with her too as rain began to pelt her. Her head was bowed as she cried, she had not seen the figure before her until it was too close. She looked up, and only moaned as she recognized who it was. Death. It's beautiful silky black robe flowed around him like a living thing, a skeletal hand gripped a deadly looking scythe firmly and the hood hid his face in a deep blackness yet his eyes glimmered like that of a cat. She placed one last kiss on Demians forehead.

"I do not need him yet." 

Her head snapped up suddenly, not comprehending what she had just heard.

"It's not his time. I don't WANT him. I've had him for ten minutes and I cannot stand his blasted swearing. I am no saint but I refuse to live an eternity with that." 

"I don't understand...."

"His debt has been paid off. He is free from me. And I've had him working for me long enough to know that when he's miserable he'll make my existence miserable. I don't want or need that. Your friend I'm afraid to say is needed however." 

He held his hand above Demian's mouth and slowly white foggy mist began to enter and penetrate through him. Then death placed his hand on his scythe and struck the ground with the pole three times. Suddenly Demian jumped to life, clutching at Anaiis and frantically looking around him in confusion until he saw Death. He turned and a single tear slid down his cheek as he looked into a very disbelieving yet distraught Anaiis. He kissed her deeply, holding her so close, so tight afraid to lose her once more.

"You creatures and your emotions." Death interceded.

"Thank you, old friend." Demian extended his hand out but Death held his up to stop him.

"You are released from your debt. If you touch me now, you will die and then I cannot bring you back. Now if you do not mind all of your emotions are making my nonexistent stomach turn." 

Demian turned towards Anaiis and before doing anything else got down on one knee, sending her into a crying fit.

"I don't want to lose you ever again. You save me from myself every minute of every day. I love you and I would be honored and blessed if you would spend eternity as my wife." 

Anaiis looked into those beautiful gold green tear filled eyes and embraced him kissing him hungrily as she nodded yes. They cried together as they kissed. They had won. Things would be alright. And they were together once and forever.

Night fall was spent tending to the injured, burying the deceased and reconstructing homes and buildings. They held a service in the center of town for all the deceased, the survivors for all worlds and all beings.  There was an air of peace of unity throughout the land as many different beings ate amongst each other, shared their joys and cried their sorrows. Somehow things were different now. It could be felt, it could be seen.

 Anaiis at the far end of the bonfire listening to a very animated pixie, smiling and laughing every so often. In her once dark brown hair was now a sliver streak about two inches wide and she seemed to glow like embers of a fire glow. Her eyes were still full of kindness and joy but as well as empathy and sorrow. Many who fought died for her. If she could have had it any other way she would have kept them from fighting, from dying for her but she had come to understand what being the Phoenix meant to them and she was honored and grateful for such brave warriors. She looked up as all of the Angels approached them, placing a kind hand on the pixies knee to silence her a bit. 

 Mathiaos, Rafael, Anael stood before her smiling down at her. She stood up and walked towards them, embracing them all tightly at once. 

"Thank you." She whispered as she released them.

Rafael took her by he arms and placed a gently kiss on her forehead before stepping back." I can hear what you're thinking Demian. Relax I'm just saying my goodbyes. I'm an angel remember?"

Mathiaos stepped forward, tears in his eyes and embraced her tightly and she him, feeling tears skim her cheekbones. 

"I'm going to miss you so much!" 

"I'll always be watching over you, An"

 Anaiis pulled back and placed a quick kiss on his cheeks and chuckled when she heard Demians growl. Next Anael caressed her tears away.

"You are far more powerful than you believe. Never lose faith in HIM. And thank you." 

 Snails managed to nod add she stood back as their wings appeared, beautiful pearlescent and strong. They flew slowly until they were out of reach they streaked off in a beautiful streak of shimmering silver. Demian embraced her from behind. She rested her head back onto his chest, silent as tears slowly escaped, a feeling of relief overpowering her. She spotted Magali at the far end of the bonfire and walked over, unbeknownst to Magali. Anaiis suddenly embraced her tightly, surprising Magali.

"I'm so sorry for all that I've said. I love you so much mom!"

"You called me....m..mom!" Magali cried as she cradled Anaiis' face, tenderly.

"Well you are my mother. You have ALWAYS been my mother." 

The two women embraced each other tightly and laughed and cried, closing yet another opened wound. They had many years to make up for lost time. And they had plenty of that now.    Night had finally fallen and it was due time to get some rest. Everyone had already fallen asleep except for Demian who was waiting for Anaiis to get out of the bathroom. When she finally did, he almost died of a heart attack. That was if he could. She was absolutely delectable in a black baby doll that accentuated all her attributes. Her hair flowed down her back and she smiled seductively at him. She walked slowly towards him and sat calmly on his lower body, feeling his desire protruding. She kisses him tenderly at first but soon they were kissing passionately hungrily. She moaned as he nipped a trail down her neck to the tender area just above her breast bone and looked up into her desired cloaked beep brown eyes.

"I want to lay like this with you forever, my love." He breathed huskily

"You will. And I will always be just yours. I love you as you are angel!"  

Their lips met once more, intertwining their bodies as if they were one over and over again. He made her reach the sky once, twice over and over again. She made him writhe and tremble as no one had ever been able to. They melded their souls into one, everlasting, breathing each other in, tasting each other.

"Demian...."

   He watched her sleep, peacefully her head resting on his chest. He had literally exhausted her as she him. She had just fallen asleep about an hour ago and already the horizon was preparing for a new day. He felt complete. At peace. He no longer felt a cold empty void. She had come to him when he needed the most. He chuckled remembering how she had said he had saved her. But the truth of the matter was SHE saved him from himself. From his bitterness, his rage and from becoming a demon like Lucius. He planted a kiss on her forehead and she snuggles closer, murmuring his name with a smile on his lips. He closed his eyes and dreamt of a beautiful eternity with his beautiful Phoenx.