Epilogue

The cherry tree blossoms looked almost surreal against the bright greens and blues of the forest and the sky. It had sprinkled earlier but had now ceased, allowing the townspeople to celebrate their traditional spring solstice. Food stands as well as vendor and craft stands had been put up throughout the heart of the town. The small chapel was decorated with white calla lilies as well as beautiful dahlias that looked as if they were made of fire. Inside it was packed as the priest was finishing his blessing.

"In the name of our Lord, I pronounce you man and wife!"

   Anaiis turned towards Demian and blushed slightly before kissing him softly. He looked absolutely ravishing in his black tuxedo with deep red tie. She had selected a beautiful pastel peasant dress that flowed around her covering her feet, her hair had been done up slightly and she had beautiful babies breath and multicolored lantana interwoven into the bun. The church erupted in cheers and applause as they celebrated the new married couple. Anaiis walked over to Magali, embracing her tightly, tears slowly flowed from both. Anaiis backed up and held Magali close to her, looking into her eyes.

"Thank you for never giving up mom. I love you so much." 

"I never would have stopped trying. Now no more crying when we're supposed to be celebrating a joyous event!"

They partied until the sun came up and slept until the sun came down. The townspeople saw Anaiis with a different light and where before they treated her like the plague now everyone greeted her and treated her with due respect and kindness. Yet most of them never associated Anaiis with the Phoenix.  Her diner was rebuilt by the townspeople as a surprise for her but doubled in size as well as her club. She had to hire more people to help her out as it had become the place to be at any hour of the day. But Demian had noticed a change in her that worried him. They had been married for two years and all of a sudden she would spend a little more time in the bathroom, she wouldn't eat certain foods and her emotions were all over the place. 

 He spotted her making some me rolls and wrapped his arms around her suddenly feeling her waist a little different and she immediately pulled away.

"What's wrong Anaiis? You've changed..are we okay? Am I doing something wrong? Am I not doing something?" He asked fear in his voice.

 She looked up at him, her brown eyes filled with hesitation and worry and he felt his heart tighten, a million things running through his mind.

"I know you said you wanted to wait.... I just don't understand how it happened and I need you to know that I'm set in keeping it and if that means losing you.....I'm sorry" her voice shook slightly as tears welled up in her eyes.

"What are you talking..." Demian began and froze as the realization hit him. 'She's pregnant! How could she think I'd be upset? "Are you pregnant?"

 She closed her eyes as tears slid down her beautiful yet pale cheeks. How has he not seen it before. She had always been radiant but lately she seemed to glow with life and she had an incredibly perpetual blush that he found deliriously sexy.

"I don't know how...we were being careful" 

 He ran to her and kissed her passionately, taking her by complete surprise. When he pulled back he realized he was crying. She had just made him the happiest man on earth.

"I love you and I could never and would never ask you to destroy something so beautiful, something that will bond us for all eternity."

"SERIOUSLY?! Oh God Demian I love you, I thought I'd lost you." 

 He picked her up but not before switching the diner sign fro open to closed. He carried her inside to their bedroom where he celebrated their new bundle various times. 

 He watched as she slept peacefully, an occasional smile or giggle escaping her lips, one hand on her already swelling abdomen. He put down the baby book he had been reading and lay his head on her chest, facing their bundle of joy in the oven.

"Hey baby, this is me your dad. Just wanted to tell you how much we love you"

"I'm not sure the baby can hear you love." Anaiis replies sleepily.

"According to the book they can I'm going to tell the baby its first bed time story"

"Hm alright but nothing scary..." She murmured as she dozed back to sleep.

"No worries  good night beautiful." He placed a quick kiss on her lips then lay down once more. "You're gonna love this one sweetie it's about a beautiful fire bird. Once upon a time......"