Chapter Thirty-Six

When the boys got to the studio where they were recording the interview they were instantly rushed into make-up. Adaley clung tightly to Harry as he was pushed into a chair. Lou looked down and smiled.

"Harry. Is this the little girl Niall wouldn't shut up about when we had lunch the other day? Adaley right?" she asked and Harry chuckled, nodding slightly. Adaley looked up and cocked her head to the side.

"Who are you?" she asked as she looked the woman up and down. Lou laughed softly.

"I'm Lou Teasdale and that's my baby girl over there." She said, pointing to the little girl playing in the corner of the dressing room. "Her name is Lux." Lou told her and Adaley nodded, climbing off Harry's lap. She walked over and sat down in front of Lux. She smiled as Lux handed her a toy and Adaley sat down, starting to play with the girl that was two years her younger. Harry smiled at the pair before looking at Lou in the mirror who was staring at him intently.

"What?" he asked as his smiled slowly changed into a frown. Lou studied his face before speaking.

"You have the look." She said simply and started to run the brush through his long hair. Harry gave her a confused look.

"What look?" he asked.

"The look of a parent. You look at that little girl like you'd take a bullet for her. I can see in your eyes that you love her just as much as I love Lux." She informed him softly and Harry blushed slightly before looking back at Lou.

"She's called me daddy twice. I love it but I feel guilty because her mother might be dying of cancer." He said softly and Lou turned him around and sat in the chair across from him.

"What you need to do is talk to Katie. Tell her that Adaley has called you daddy and anything else that she's said to you that you think Katie needs to know. You know that she deserves to know that." Lou told him and Harry nodded, standing up. He walked over to Adaley and kissed her head. A part of the crew walked in and told him he had two minutes. He kneeled down and gently pulled Adaley into his arms.

"I'm getting ready to do the interview, okay? Will you be okay in here with Lou?" he asked softly and Adaley nodded, smiling widely.

"I've made a new friend, Hazzy!" she said excitedly and Harry chuckled, kissing her forehead.

"I'll be back as soon as I can, okay?" he said and Adaley nodded, hugging him tightly.

"Bye Hazzy. I love you." She mumbled and went back to playing with Lux. Harry stood up and took a deep breath to suppress the tears that were threating to fall. He kissed Lou's cheek before walking out and joining the boys at the edge of the stage where there was two loveseats set up; one on each side of the interviewer's chair. When the show cut to commercial they walked out on the stage.

"Okay. Liam and Louis on this couch and Harry and Niall on this one." Someone from their management told them and Harry turned to glare at him. He approached the man and lowered his voice so the crowd of girls couldn't hear him.

"We will sit where we damn well please now go kindly fuck yourself in the ass with a cactus." He snapped and walked back to the stage. He sat down on one of the loveseats and pulled Louis down next to him. Louis snapped his head over to look at the man from their management but was confused when he saw the man remaining silent. He did notice that the man's face had paled quite a bit. Louis looked over at Harry and frowned.

"What did you do?" Louis asked in a whisper and Harry gave him an innocent smile.

"I didn't do anything!" he lied with a grin and shushed Louis who was getting ready to call Harry out on his bullshit. "We're about to go on." He said in a low voice and Louis glared at him slightly before smiling at the interviewer when the cameraman motioned that they were on air.