Chapter Forty-Three

Three days and a long discussion later Adaley was sitting on the couch next to Lux as they watched the crew run around like crazy. Harry walked up and crouched in front of the two girls with a huge smile on his face.

"How are my two favourite girls?" He asked and Lux giggled, poking his nose. Adaley cocked her head to the side.

"Aren't you supposed to be getting your hair done?" Adaley asked and Harry chuckled.

"We're all getting it done together and I wanted to know if you wanted to come watch." Harry asked and held out his hand for her to take. She smiled and slid her hand into his. She followed him to a room where all the boys were sitting anxiously in chairs. Adaley sat down in the middle of the room in a rolling chair so she could see all of them. Lou started on Louis and he looked nervously at her.

"Don't worry. I'll make all of you look great." Lou said confidently and they all gave her hesitant nods. Adaley looked around and noticed that Liam was missing.

"Where's Liam?" She asked with a frown. Niall smiled as he watched Louis' going through the dying process.

"He's doing some publicity for this concert but he'll be getting his hair done later." Niall explained and Adaley nodded slightly.

"Can I go explore?" She asked softly, kicking her feet and Harry frowned.

"I don't know... I don't want you walking around by yourself." He said hesitantly and Adaley looked down sadly. Paul, who'd been listening in, stepped into the room and smiled at the boys.

"Hello boys, Lou, and Adaley." He said happily and everyone waved to him. Paul kneeled down and lifted Adaley's chin. "What's wrong little one?" he asked softly and Adaley looked up at him with a pout on her face.

"Daddy said I can't go explore because he doesn't want me to get lost." She said sadly. Paul could see the boredom written on her face and he looked up at Harry.

"I'll walk with her. I'll make sure she stays safe." Paul said and Harry looked at him hesitantly before giving him a short nod. Adaley jumped up and ran over to Harry, hugging him tightly.

"Thank you!" she said happily and took Paul's awaiting hand. They started to wonder around the center and Adaley was in awe of the things that surrounded her. Outside she heard a lot of people talking. She looked up at Paul with a confused look. "What's that?" she asked, pointing to the door. Paul smiled slightly.

"That's were Liam's talking about the concert." He explained and Adaley nodded. She watched as someone walked up to talk to Paul. When he was distracted she slipped through the doors and was instantly blinded by flashes.

"Liam! Who's that little girl?" One reporter asked and Liam whirled around to see Adaley standing there and shielding her eyes. He lifted her up and she wrapped her arms around his neck tightly.

"What are you doing out here? Shouldn't you be with Harry?" Liam asked in a low tone and Adaley gave him a sheepish smile.

"He was being boring so I wanted to come see you." Adaley said softly and played with the collar of his shirt. Liam sighed heavily and walked back up to the microphone.

"As I was saying. This concert is a fundraiser for cancer research and to bring awareness to all types of cancer and the affect it has on families. As you know Harry's girlfriend Katie was diagnosed with cancer. This little girl in my arms is Katie's five year old daughter. We are raising money not only for Katie but also for Adaley. Tickets will go on sale tonight at midnight and all proceeds will go towards cancer research." Liam said proudly and Adaley looked over the crowd.

"Liam, where's the rest of the boys?" a reporter asked and Liam smiled.

"They're currently busy so they sent me out here to answer all your questions." Liam answered and pointed at a young man.

"There's rumors that Zayn will be appearing at this concert. Is that true?" The man asked and Liam chuckled.

"I can't confirm or deny that rumor. Please remember to buy your tickets. The concert is next Friday!" Liam said, finishing off the questions. He walked back inside and there stood a furious looking Harry with his hair up in foil.

"Adaley! Why did you run out there? We've been worried sick about you!" Harry nearly shouted and Adaley whimpered softly, shrinking back into Liam's arms.

"I-I just wanted to be with Unca Li." She whispered as tears started to roll down her cheeks. Louis walked up and set a gentle hand on Harry's forearm.

"Harry. Calm down. She's fine and she was with Liam." Louis said softly and Harry looked down at him.

"It doesn't matter if she was with Liam. She was told to stay with Paul. Not run off and possibly get hurt!" Harry snapped, throwing his hands up into the air. Louis sighed heavily and took Adaley from Liam, holding her tightly to his side.

"Until you calm down Adaley will stay with me" Louis said firmly and walked off. Harry watched after them and sighed. Niall came over and set a hand on Harry's shoulder.

"I can't believe I yelled at her." Harry whispered and dropped his head into his hands. Niall squeezed his shoulder.

"You were just being a protective dad. We understand but she doesn't. You need to go apologize to her." Niall urged and Harry nodded slightly, kicking the ground.

"I know. I plan on doing that as soon as Lou finishes my hair." Harry mumbled and disappeared around the corner. Liam and Niall watched him go with saddened looks.