Chapter Forty

Later that day Harry and Adaley were putting away her things in her new bedroom furniture. They were talking and dancing along to the music that Adaley chose, laughing at each other's crazy dance moves. Harry hung up her clothes as Adaley organized her stuffed animals on her bed.

"So I was thinking that you can do your homework at the table until I can get you a desk." Harry suggested and Adaley nodded, turning to look at Harry. She walked over to him and poked his hip, making him laugh. "Yes?" he asked as he hung the last piece of her clothing.

"Can we go see Unca Ni?" She asked, giving him puppy dog eyes. Harry laughed and poked her nose.

"Why don't we have him come over here so he can see your room completed? Then you guys go out and stuff while I run and do some errands." He suggested and Adaley nodded eagerly. "I'll calm him now while you finish putting your things away." He instructed, leaving the room and dialing Niall's number. After a short phone conversation Harry let the little girl know that Niall was on his way with Liam. Within a half hour Niall and Liam were walking in and Harry said a quick goodbye to Adaley. Niall looked around the apartment and looked down at the little girl who was staring at the door that Harry had rushed out of. Niall kneeled down and smiled.

"How's my favourite niece?" he asked and Adaley turned to him, giggling softly.

"I'm good. I had tests yesterday. Daddy set them up." She told the man in front of her and Niall made a face, making her laugh.

"Ew. I hated tests." He told her and led her to the couch, pulling her onto his lap. Liam sat beside them and chuckled softly when he saw Adaley roll her eyes.

"I love them. Ali, the nice lady from the place we had breakfast, is my teacher. She told me I was close to a genius." She hummed, leaning into Niall's chest. Niall looked over at Liam with wide eyes.

"Oh really?" Liam asked, raising an eyebrow. "So are you going to school in the fall?" Adaley shook her head.

"Daddy said that I'm gonna have my own teacher. He said that Ali is gonna be my teacher." Adaley told her uncles and they nodded, smiling at her.

"Well that's great. I'm really happy for you, Ada Bean." Liam hummed and Adaley giggled.

"If I'm Ada Bean then you're Lima Bean!" the little girl said with a grin and Niall busted up laughing at the look on Liam's face. Liam scrunched up his face and whined.

"But why Lima Bean?" he asked, pouting slightly.

"Cuz if you change the letters in Liam your get Lima!" Adaley explained to him like it was obvious. Niall snickered at the look on Liam's face before changing the subject.

"So what do you want to do today?" Niall asked, playing with her hair. Adaley shrugged, looking up at Niall.

"Just wanna be with my uncles." She said softly and leaned back into his chest, zoning out when Liam and Niall engaged in an intense conversation about lighting for their next show. Adaley looked up at him and cocked her head to the side. Niall caught her stare out of the corner of his eyes and looked down at her.

"What's up?" he asked and Adaley shrugged.

"What's your shows like?" she asked and Niall smiled.

"They're beautiful. It can get really emotional because we're living our dream. It can get really loud but it's always so much fun." Niall explained simply and Adaley nodded.

"Who goes to them besides your fans?" she asked softly as she played with his shirt. Niall smiled.

"Well our band is there obviously. There's Sandy, Dan, Jon, and Josh. I think you'd like Josh. Liam's best friend sometime tags along. His name is Andy. Then Louis' sister will come. Well. One of several. Her name is Lottie. Lou and her daughter Lux come too." Niall said, listing off the top people that came to their concerts. Adaley nodded as he spoke, trying to imagine each person individually.

"Can I come to one?" she asked softly and Niall looked over at Liam, shrugging slightly.

"I don't have a problem with it but you'd have to ask Harry." He said and as he said it Harry walked into the apartment looking drained. Adaley jumped off Niall's lap and rushed over to him. He gave her a small hug before sighing heavily. Niall frowned as he looked at Harry's face.

"Hey Ada. Why don't you go play in your room? I want to talk to Harry and Niall alone." Liam asked gently and the little girl nodded, disappearing into her room. Liam looked up at Harry and Niall sighed.

"Where do you go?" Niall asked gently and Harry collapsed into the air chair across from the two boys.

"The hospital." Harry whispered and Niall nodded.

"And what happened?" he asked and noticed Harry's eyes filling with tears.

"She's in a coma. Katie's in a coma." Harry said softly before breaking down into tears. "And they don't think she's going to wake up." Liam and Niall looked on and their hearts broke. Everyone froze when they heard a small voice behind them.

"Daddy... What's happening to Mommy?" Adaley whispered before collapsing into Harry's arm and breaking down into earth shattering sobs. "I want my mommy."