Chapter Forty-One

Harry decided that it'd be better if all the boys stayed his apartment while they tried to figure out what to do. Harry sat curled up on the couch with Adaley asleep in his lap. Beside him sat Louis who was holding his free hand and Liam and Niall sat across from them. He sighed heavily and gently kissed Adaley's forehead.

"What am I going to do?" He whispered softly and Louis shrugged slightly.

"There's not much you can do, Harry. All you can do is be there for Terrance and Adaley." Louis said and Harry nodded slightly, looking out the window.

"Ada said she wants to come to our next concert." Niall said, hoping to change the subject. Harry smiled slightly at that and gently brushed some hair off of Adaley's tear stained face. The girl whimpered in her sleep and gripped Harry's shirt tightly. Harry thought for a moment before a small smile grew on his face.

"We could do a concert for charity. All the proceeds could go to cancer research." He suggested and the boys around him nodded in agreement. "I want to do something that'll bring more awareness to cancer and the effects it has on the patients' families." Liam nodded and pulled out his phone from his back pocket. He glanced at the time and started dialing a number.

"I'll call and get everything set up. You three get the set list set up. We'll make it big but not about us. It'll be for the cancer survivors and victims." Liam said and disappeared out the front door. Louis stood up and cracked his back, looking over Niall.

"C'mon Ni. We'll get working on a set list in the kitchen while I make us some snacks. I think it's gonna be a long night." He hummed and Niall stood up, making his way into the kitchen. Louis turned to Harry and smiled softly. "Take Ada to bed and get some sleep, Hazza. We can work on this on our own." He said softly as he gently ran his fingers down Harry's face. Harry shook his head.

"I'm going to be part of this. You get started on the set list with Ni and I'll work on some food. I'm just going to put Ada down in her room." Harry said, collecting the little girl and standing up. He slowly walked down the hallway and laid the girl gently on her bed. He tucked her tightly and sat on the edge of the bed, brushing some hair off her forehead. "I promise that I'll always take care of you princess. You'll always be safe with me. Forever." He whispered and pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead. He silently slipped out of the room and pulled the door shut behind him. He walked back into the kitchen and started to prepare small snack items for themselves.

"What songs are we thinking for the concert?" Niall asked, tapping his pen against the table. Louis shrugged and looked over at Harry who remained silent. Liam walked back in and plopped back down at the table.

"After a lot of arguing and threatening we got the go ahead. They'll let us know when it'll be. They said that it should be within a week. How's the set list coming?" he asked as he glanced at the paper under Niall's hand. Niall sighed heavily and showed him the blank paper.

"Lou and I've got nothing." Niall mumbled and tossed the pencil down. "We don't want this to be a normal concert like we do. We want it to be different." He said with a heavy sigh and Harry put down the knife he was using to cut up apples.

"Let's not do our usual set list. Let's sing our hit singles but focus on our old performances. We'll perform the songs that we used to audition and then we sing the songs we performed on X-Factor." Harry said softly and looked at the boys who were all staring at him. "I've read a lot on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook that our fans want us to sing those songs again. They want to compare our voices now to back then." He murmured and the boys nodded slowly. Niall started to write down the names of the songs.

"I'll call the band tomorrow and we can work everything out with them too." Liam said, making notes to himself on his phone. Harry took a deep breath.

"I'm going to call Zayn too. I know he probably doesn't want anything to do with me but I want to ask him if he'd come back for this one thing." Harry said softly and the boys stared at him in shock. He placed a plate of healthy snacks on the table before walking out onto the balcony. He pulled out his phone and dialed the familiar number. After a couple rings someone picked up.

"What do you want, Harry?" Zayn asked forcefully and Harry sighed heavily.

"I know you don't want to talk to me and you probably hate me but I need a favour." Harry said softly. "Katie and Adaley need a favour." He whispered and he heard Zayn sigh heavily.

"This is because of her cancer, isn't it?" Zayn asked gently and a lump grew in Harry's throat.

"Y-yeah." He stuttered and nervously waited for Zayn to respond.

"I'll be at your place soon." Zayn said and the line went dead. Harry walked back into the kitchen and the rest of the band looked at him expectantly.

"Well?" Niall pressed and Harry sighed softly.

"He'll be here soon." He murmured and the other boys nodded. They went back to discussing the set list in front of them and Harry went to answer the door when he heard a song knock. When he pulled it open he saw Zayn standing there with his hair messy and his eyes a dull brown. He held the door open and Zayn walked in, waving hesitantly at the other boys. Harry took Zayn's coat before finally speaking. "Would you like to talk somewhere private?" he asked softly and Zayn nodded, pointing at the balcony. Harry nodded and led him outside. When they were settled in the chairs Zayn finally spoke.

"What's wrong with Katie?" Zayn asked and Harry sighed heavily.

"She has brain cancer. They did brain surgery on her yesterday. Something went wrong and she slipped into a coma. The others and I were talking about what we could do and I suggested a concert to raise even more awareness for cancer victims and their families." Harry explained and Zayn nodded slowly.

"But where do I come in?" Zayn asked, confusion written on his face.

"We're going to be performing all the songs from X-Factor including the songs we used to audition. I know that you've always loved helping charities and I thought this could be one last great kick off for you." Harry said softly and Zayn looked thoughtful as he studied Harry's face, looking for dishonesty. He sighed and sat forward, elbows on his knees.

"If I do this it does not mean that I forgive you. It means that I want to do everything I can to help Katie and Adaley." Zayn said, crossing his arms. Harry nodded understandingly.

"I don't condone my actions that day and I'm truly sorry, Zee. I will do everything I can to make it up to you just please do this for Ada and Katie." Harry begged softly. "Do it for my goddaughter." He whispered and Zayn swallowed before responding.

"Well let's get in there and start planning." Zayn said, standing up and hold a hand out for Harry. Harry shook his hand furiously.

"Thank you so much, Zayn!" Harry said with a new light in his eyes. Zayn gave him a small smile.

"I may be pissed at you right now but I will always be there for my brothers."