2

EDITED Mazies POV

That boy, Derek he doesn't even look like a boy, he looks like a full blown man. Out of all the men I've seen in my 18 years of life, he is definitely one of the most attractive ones. Easy. His voice was laced in smoothness and spoke like a god. Whatever a god sounds like.

I had this desire to know all about him. No boys Maize, no boys. Just focus on school and your fresh start. I reminded myself but I couldn't stop my self from drifting back into day dreaming about him, about how his eyes almost glowed golden.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when the bell rang signaling it was time for lunch. I pulled the map out of my bag trying to figure out the quickest way to get to the cafeteria. When I felt a hand grab the top of my arm startling me. "Whoa!" I shrill turning to find Derek grinning down at me.

"Hey you." He chimes poking my cheek "told you I would find you." He tease grabbing the map from my hands and shoving it back into my bag. "Did you bring your lunch?" He questions and I nod holding up my lunch box. He gives me a nod before slipping his hand into mine and pulling me down the hall way towards the cafeteria.

"I would've found me way." I start "eventually." I add giggling slightly watching as he tighten his grip on my hand when we walk through a crowd of people. "Mhmm sure you would've." He shakes his head winking at me.

We arrived at the lunch table as a group of people sat already eating. I go to sit down when Derek pulls me down to his lap making me shriek. "I didn't know this was a seat." I joke trying to slide off his lap but he doesn't budge. "Best seat in the house." He whispers in my ear.

All eyes land on me. I automatically sunk down into the boy behind me making him laugh. "Mazie, this is the pack-" he stopped himself "pack as in friends, group, gang yeah." He rambled, nervously scratching the back of his neck.

I waved slightly before looking down at my lunch. "Don't be shy." He purred into my ear.

"Hello I'm Spike D's best friend and this is my ma-girl friend shelly." Spike smiled as the red head smiled brightly. "Hi mazie, you're beautiful! Like whoa!" She cheered hugging my tightly. "Hey it's nice to meet you, thank you, I love your hair." I smiled back at her. "Thank you! It's my moms mom gene." She giggled

I turned to derek, "can I please sit in my own chair now to talk to Shelly?" He shrugs "You can talk to her perfectly fine while being seated on my lap I see no problem." He grinned before pushing me beside him. "You're hard headed do you know that?" I spoke while rolling my eyes, this boy was going to work my limits.

"That's not the first time I've heard that." He smiles down at me, he truly has the most perfect smile the way his eyes wrinkle up on the sides and he shows all of his teeth. I realize I zoned out completely thinking about how perfect his smile is when I hear my name being called.

"Yes? Sorry." I stutter looking away from Derek finally my cheeks flushing. "There is a party tonight, to celebrate the new school year. You should definitely stop by." Spike tells me. I nod not knowing if I'm brave enough to go.

"It will be so much fun." Shelly adds her lip stick painted lips pulling up into a smile. "Please!" She begs squeezing my hand softly.

I gulp down my doubt reminding myself I want to have a good year and this just might be the answer to my fresh start. "I'd love to." I tell them nodding. Derek puts him arm around my shoulder "perfect I'll pick you up." He tells me and I just nod in response.