3

EDITED : Maizes pov

I pace back and fourth in my living room filled with nerves as I wait for Derek to show up at my house.
"Calm down." My dad calls from the kitchen "you're causing a draft." He says sitting down on the sofa switching the tv on.

"This is my first real party dad." I whine plopping down beside him my hands covering my face in frustration and worry. "Don't remind me." He grumbles flipping through the channels. "Hale is a good guy." He tells me making me jerk up from the couch in shock. "You know Derek?" I question in disbelief.

"Family friends." He assures not meeting my gaze. I ignore it as I hear a car pull up and to run over to the window to see a black truck pulling into the drive way, Derek hopping out soon after the head lights shut off. I expected him to just shoot me a generic 'I'm here' text so I'm surprised as he makes his way to our front porch.

I take a deep breath taking one last glance at my outfit, dark wash skinny jeans and a black v neck that may show just a tad bit too much cleavage. I almost run upstairs to change but him knocking stops me.

I open the door and he peers down at me, his signature smile on display. "Where you watching for me?" He questions smugly and I shake my head quickly. "Nice to see you Hale." I dad speaks from the living room, Derek steps inside slightly waving his hand to my dad. I guess they're more familiar then I thought. "You too Adams." Derek replies.

"Have her back by 12 and maybe I won't have your head mantled above my fireplace." My dads warns, his lame attempt of a joke too. "No promises." Derek says making me eye both men wearily. They get along too good for my liking.

"Ready?" Derek asks holding his hand out for me to take and I do happily. i say a quick 'bye dad love you' and head to Derek's truck. "You're beautiful" Derek says while opening my door for me. "Thank you." I grin getting into the car. He walks to the other side hopping in turning the radio on before baking out of the drive. His hand grips my thigh the whole way to the party, making my body warm slightly.

When we arrive to a set of metal gates my eyes widen. "This is the party?" I gape my eyes scanning over the lit trees lining up a long drive way. "It's massive." I sputter as we pull up to the mansion sized house. Derek looks at me amused as he takes my hand leading me out of the car and into the house.

This house is packed with people the smell of alcohol hitting me as soon as we enter. "Whoa." I mumble softly Derek looks back at me squeezing my hand pulling me along through the crowds.

We head to a pool table as his friends from earlier circle around it. I spot Shelly and she instantly smiles and waves at me. "You made it!" She cheers hugging me tightly. "I did!" I smile at her pulling back from our embrace.

"Maize this is Ben and Jonah." Derek introduces me to the two men who sit near the pool table. They reach there hands out giving me warm smiles. "Nice to meet you." I greet shaking their hands. "I'm surprised Derek let you come tonight." Jonah teases.

"He didn't let me come. I make my own decisions." I defend myself proudly gaining a few chuckles from the group. "Easy love, Got ya a feisty one." He says towards Derek. I roll my eyes slightly as Shelly offers me a drink.

I hesitate to reply at first "I think she's okay." Derek tells her making me eye him curiously. "Ill take one." I answer and she hands me a red cup filled with red liquid. "Maize." Derek starts to say as I tip the drink up and chug it the sour taste filling my mouth. "Derek." I mock humorously making him glare towards me.

"You're awfully sassy tonight." He whispers in my ear making chills run through my body. I just smirk up at him feeling the alcohol slowly warm my body up and make me feel braver. "I'll take another." I call to Shelly and she happily brings me another of the sour red mixed drink. I drink it as Derek stares at me. "Don't be a party pooper now." I tell him poking his cheek making him grin he swiftly takes my hand pulling it up to his mouth and placing a warm kiss on my palm. I'm stunned by the simple action, my stomach filling with butterflies.

"I have to pee." I say sheepishly he chuckles nodding pointing me to the direction of the bathrooms. "Thank you. Sorry." I stutter out scurrying to the bathrooms. I do my business and walk out when I collided with another body.

"I'm sorry!" I apologize looking up at the guy I just ran into. He smirks down at me, his blonde hair sat messily on top his head. "No apology needed." He slurs his eyes blood shot. "You're easy on the eyes." He begins to lean into me making me push my hands against his chest. "Stop." I plead but he has me corned into the back of the hall way in one swift push. "Hush now." He mumbles his hand clasping over my mouth his large body trapping me under his grip as he rips apart my shirt and pulls at the top of my jeans. I'm screaming against his palm my face burning from the forcefulness. I hear the sound of his belt buckle loosening as tears spill down my face fear setting in.

"Mine." I hear a growl making the man drop his hand from my mouth. I let out a breath before screaming 'help!'. The man turns around to face a furious Derek. His eye red. I blink profusely rubbing my tear filled eyes telling myself I'm imagining it.

But I'm not.

His eyes are glowing red as he takes slow uneven breaths. He grips the man by the neck with one hand before his angry eyes dart to me holding his other hand out for me to take, and I've never felt more relief rush over me making sobs slip through my trembling lips. He pulls me behind him pressing me against his back shielding me with his body.

"SPIKE." Derek rumbles his voice shaking the house. The music stopping suddenly. All eyes are on us now. "What happened?" He asks out of breath Shelly following behind her eyes darting from the man to me. "Is she okay?" Worry filling her voice.

"Tell them what you were planning to do." Derek seethes gripping the mans throat tightly before letting go so he could speak. "Nothing-nothing I swear!" He gasp holding his neck his face covered in terror. "Don't lie!" Derek growls his fist colliding into the mans cheek. "He was going to rape her!" He roars punching the guy again making his nose bleed.

I flinch back closing my eyes and covering my mouth to stifle my sobs. What is happening?

"Derek!" Spike shouts trying to pull him off of the blonde hair man who is now on the ground, covered in blood. "You're scaring her." He says making Derek stop his actions completely turning to face me.

He reaches for me his hands covered in blood making me take a step back. "Come here." He murmurs softly his eyes full of concern. He beckons me to him and I slowly obey, he pulls me under his arm before ushering me out of the house. All eyes on us.

We get in the car and he hands me his jacket from the back seat. "Put this on I can't see this." His eyes dart to my ripped shirt and then to up to my eyes "I'm sorry-" I whisper pulling the jacket on but he cuts me off completely. "Don't you dare apologize for that scum bags actions." He tells me his voice rough. He grips the steering wheel tightly his eyes beginning to glow again. "I could've killed him I swear." And I believe it.

"Why do they do that?" I ask softly he shakes his head. "Not now Maize," He simply replies "not tonight." He adds his eyes focusing in on the road.
Leaving me with my unanswered questions and thoughts circling around my head.