5

Edited
Maizes pov

I'm working my closing shift at the small boutique, busy folding clothes and cashing out costumer after costumer. The door chimes "welcome to Francesca's!" I call from the back of the store hanging up a item of clothing before making my way to the front.

My eyes spot a head full of red hair, "Maize!" Shelly squeals pulling me into a hug. "Hey Shelly." I giggle at her bubbly personality. "I can't believe you work here." She glances around in awe, already having a few items in her grasp. "I would ask if you needed any help but clearly you're all good." I tease her. "How did you know I worked here?" I ask her as I put a return back on the shelf.

"Oh i forgot who told me." She says brushing it off as she rolls her eyes "but I've always heard about this place but never got around to shopping here but you gave me a reason to." She smiles at me. "Well I'm glad to hear that." I giggle.

"When do you get off?" She questions setting the pile of stuff on the counter next to the register. "In about 10 minutes, I just need to lock up." I say as I ring her up slipping the items into one our bags.

"Perfect, lets go grab dinner." She grins sliding her card and grabbing her bag. "I'll meet you outside, take your time!" She rushes out the store before giving me chance to reply. I shake my head heading to the back to vacuum the rugs and make sure no clothes have fallen.

I make sure the alarm is set before heading out and locking the door behind me. Shelly is sat on the bench outside and when she spots me she jumps to her feet waving.

"Ready to go?" She chimes I stare down at my work attire guessing the jean and converse will do. "Yeah let me just go grab a sweatshirt from the car." I tell her before stripping my ' Francesca's' shirt off and throwing it into the car. I jump into her car and she reverses driving off to wherever we are going to eat.

-
Derek's pov

I'm sitting at the booth at the small pizzeria waiting for Maize to show up with Shelly. She's been keen on  avoiding me all week only letting me catch small glimpse of her during class. I'm kinda going insane honestly, Shelly is the only way I could possibly get to talk to her. She was so angry with me the other night and it kills me to not be able to show her every single secret and part of me.

I tap my fingers impatiently against the cold table.
"Shelly said 8:00" I groan "it's 8:07." I check my
Phone once more before throwing it across the table. It slides landing in spikes lap he throws it back to me swiftly. "Someone is grouchy." He jokes taking one of the breadsticks from the middle of the table. I roll my eyes at him growing more and more irritated by the second.

"Shut the fuck up man she wont even look at me." I begin nearly pouting "fuck!" I growl a little too loudly gaining stares from people around restaurant. Spike is amused by my child like anger.

I gaze up to the front of the restaurant seeing Shelly and Maize walk through the door. Finally. She looks effortlessly stunning, her jeans hugging her ass in the most perfect way.

When her eyes find mine her smile fades from her beautiful face, a grimace taking over. She turns to Shelly mouthing 'did you know about this?' Shelly frowns taking her hand and pulling her to the booth we sat in. "Let's give them a minute Spike." Shelly tells him before leaving us alone.

"Sit down love." I say softly she crosses her arms not
moving from the spot where she stood. "don't be like that" I beg standing up from the booth pulling her waist towards me "I've missed you." I murmur in her ear. "Please sit with me." I press a small kiss on the base of her neck causing goose bumps to cover her skin. Lighting me up with pride knowing I have some sort of effect on her.