C-10-For Her

Grace got a call from Mark as soon as the doctors tried to bring him into conscious state. She rushed to the hospital and saw what all was happening through the ICU glass bar. She joined her hands and kept praying. Praying for him to survive. Watching the doctors do all that to him made her insides cringe with pain. Zac was not responding to anything. His pulse kept falling for every trial. This made Grace even more nervous. She was crying hard and kept remembering his face which was screaming silently to be saven. Flashes of Zac pleading her to save him and him collapsing in her hands was something that made her move from inside. She then saw that the monitor stopped showing Zac's pulse. Tears rolled down her eyes. She was in pain. She lost him. Her insides ached. The doctors came out of the room and looked at Grace. "We're sorry. We tried " they said. Mark cried out loud. So did Zac's parents. Meg was crying too. "He can't die.NO!" said Grace and pushed the ICU room but Mark and Meg pulled her back. She fought back and insisted on going in there once. She literally begged them. Sobbing and crying. Grace was in so much pain but no one understood why. Grace closed the door behind her and walked weakly and slowly into the ICU room. She saw Zac and felt her knees go weak with grief and fell on her knees. She didn't feel anything. She couldn't feel anything. She just stared at him. She looked at his eyes which were resting. She knew he was dead. She touched his hand. His viens on the hand went blue because of the saline and too many injections. She said "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you" and cried uncontrollably. "I wish I saved you" she weeped.
~~~After 2 minutes..... ~~~

Grace rested her head on his hand and kept crying undeniably. She saw something move inside his vein all of a sudden. That's when she heard a Beep. The monitor showed one heart beat.
Another. Another. "Beep" " Beep" for each heartbeat, Grace's heart fell. She shivered with shock and turmoil. She was breathing hastily. Looking at zac's face,his hand and back to the monitor. That's when she saw behind her. Everybody who were crying a minute ago were all shocked beyond explanation. Nobody knew or expected such miracles. Grace saw zac breathing. Her heart fell at ease when she saw him breathing. She kept praying uncontrollably. She kept holding his hand delicately and kissed him "Thank you ".