Chapter 22

Mark and Meg met up at the police department to meet the investigator who was trying to trace the culprit who tried to kill Zac.
The investigator's name was Ronaldo Thorns.
He was a specialist at tracking and tracing the culprits who were involved in mysterious cases like these.

"The person who actually tried to kill Mr.Octavia isn't as smart as we thought he would be....he is just a regular guy who goes to college but happens to have a drug interacive history " explained Ronaldo.
"But who is he? What's his name? Do you have a picture of his?" asked Mark, he was quite impulsive.
"Mr. Preston... I want you to calm down. We are investigating and trying to gather information about this person." says Ronaldo.
"How did you find out that this person could be the alleged culprit? " asked Meg.
"Well,Zac's body has bites of this person on his shoulder... So,we figured out who this person could be as tooth patterned samples are different from person to person." explains Ronaldo.
"Damn it! He bit Zac? " asked Mark in disgust.
"Mr.Octavia has clearly been through a lot of torture, he doesn't even remember most of it" says Ronaldo.
"What do you mean,he doesn't remember? " asks Meg.
"After he was hit on his back... He lost consciousness and was in a semi conscious state... An average person can rarely remember anything that happens in that case.... In simple words, it's like a dream that you forget as soon as you open your eyes " explains Ronaldo.
"How long is it gonna take for you to track this culprit? " asks Meg.
"In a day or so...we have his tooth pattern. We can trace him in no time... But " pauses Ronaldo.
"But?" asks Mark.
"I warn you to be careful... Especially Zac and those who are with him....he could do that to Zac,he could do that to anyone " warns Ronaldo.
"When you find him, Mr.Thorns, I wanna know why he did that. Who sent him and what were or are his or their intentions. Is that clear? " asks Mark commanding.
"Yes,sir" answers Ronaldo.

Mark and Meg drive back to Meg's house. He drops her there, that's when he gets a call from the doctor.
Grey(The doctor) : The biopsy reports are here...there is something very important I need to discuss with you.please see me in my office,Mr.Preston.
Mark: We'll be there.

Mark and Meg drive back to the Doctor's office to know what the report said.
Mark knocks the Doctor's office door and he hears a "Yes,come in..."
Grey looks at Mark and immediately invites him and Meg inside his office and asks them to take a seat.
Mark What does the report say?
Grey: Mr.Octavia was clearly tortured. He was beat numerous times on his back but luckily it was only the muscle that was tore. No broken bones Someone hit him hard with an Iron rod. He was also beaten on his knees.stabbed with a knife several times on numerous parts of his body, especially his thigh. He was bit by someone which left the marks on his body near his arm..."
Meg: My god! This sounds like a missed murder by chance.
Grey: Oh,it sure is...
Mark: So? What Now? Will he be alright?
Grey: That's not all.. We found a Bullet on his left arm. This is not just an accident, someone potentially tried to murder him.
Meg was scared at the thought of "Murder ".
Mark gulped and asked "Murder? "
"Whoever tried to kill Mr.Octavia clearly thought he died as Zac couldn't even breathe at the time..." explained the doctor.
Poor Zac, thought Meg.
Mark was quite silent because he was horrified by the news.
"And that's not all.... Zac needs to be under protection, no matter what. Zac is healing from what all happened. It's a miracle he doesn't have any PTSD(Post traumatic Stress Disorder). He will heal faster if he's in a safe and happy environment. Understand? " explained Grey.
"We'll take care of that, Doctor. Is there anything else that you need to tell us?" asks Meg.
"No...that is all. I will let you know if there is a news..." says Grey.
"Oh...okay. thank you,doctor. " says Meg and hints Mark to leave the room with her.
Mark and Meg walk out of the doctors And walk in the hallway, without speaking anything. Once they get to the car.
Mark: It's cruel... No one deserves to be hurt like that.
Meg: I know... But they're gonna find out who did this to Zac. Meanwhile, we need to ask Zac if he remembers the culprit's face or what happened on that night.
Mark: You're right. He can help to put the pieces together.
Meg: But you said we can't tell Zac about this.
Mark: we won't interrogate him,we'll simply ask him politely what exactly happened to him .. If he answers,we can figure something out.
Meg: So,we're not telling him that his life is in danger?
Mark: No...it's for his own good,Meg.Try to understand that.
Meg: fine...

Mark and Meg drove back to Grace's apartment.
They parked the car in the parking lot and get inside the lift. As the doors slide open, Meg walks towards Grace's apartment and knocks the door.
Nobody answers it.
"Where are you, guys?! " asks Meg to herself.
"Oh,Zac took her to his parents'. They'll be home, soon." says Mark.
"What do we do,until then?" asks Meg.
"Well....we....wait! " says Mark relaxing his back against the wall and sliding low to the ground.
"Get up! I have a spare key to the apartment. " says Meg as she looks for it in her bag.
She finds it and opens the door of the apartment. "C'mon in...relax on that couch" says Meg pointing towards Grace's couch.
"Okay,boss!" says Mark smiling at Meg.
She punches him lightly, playfully on his shoulder.he stops her and holds her waist and puts her against the wall.
"What are you doing? " asks Meg surprised by what Mark was doing.
"Ssshhhhh.... "whispers Mark looking into her eyes.
"Okay, whatever you're trying to do is totally working " says Meg smiling at him flirtatiously.
He slids his hand from her upper back to lower back feeling her skin under her top.
Meg starts to breathe heavily, moans loudly and holds his back and pulls him closer to her body.
He removes her top and she unbuttons his shirt.
She feels his hard abs with her hands and kisses him on his earlobe. He kisses the nape of her neck and pulls her even closer to kiss.
He brushes his lips against hers and she kisses him roughly, wanting more of him.

That's when Zac and Grace unlock the apartment and walk in on Mark and Meg. They caught them red handedly...