Chapter -27

"No that is not what I meant " says Grace.

"Then tell me what you mean... " demands Zac.

Grace distances herself from Zac. She walks on the other side of the trail looking at the sea.

"You know nothing about me..." says Grace swallowing a huge lump in her throat.

"then tell me what I need to know... " says Zac looking at Grace.

"It was 2 years ago.... Alex and I were really happy.... until one day he got a job and he had to leave the city for a month..... Initially I was okay with that but texting was not enough, he couldn't call me because he was always "busy".... After 15 days apart, I noticed something different in his behavior pattern. He wouldn't talk to me at all. He wouldn't text me at all, even if I did text him. He wouldn't even find a few seconds to respond to my texts. That's when, my other friend who happens to work in the same office as Alex,texted me that Alex was cheating on me with an elderly woman. I didn't believe him. After a week,I got a video of Alex getting intimate with that woman....from Alex " explains Grace.

"Oh, Grace.... " says Zac softly.

"Alex sent me that video as a revenge because I refused to have sex with him and I refused to sext and all" says Grace

Zac just listened to her. Every word of her painful past and thought what she might have been through.

"That is all he wanted from me....Just my body. Nothing from me. So,when I didn't give him what he wanted he used to get upset. So,to make him feel okay,I used to kiss him and all... I was never interested in the physical thing with him.I wanted it to be over. So I called it off as soon as I saw the video. But he didn't take the break up well.... He blackmailed me.... that.... he'd post our intimate conversations on Facebook and threatened to kill me and ruin my life " explained Grace.

"Oh, Grace.... " said Zac softly.He just couldn't bear it anymore.

He hugged her tightly.... He just didn't wanna let her go. He felt very bad for Grace must have been through. How can someone do this to someone as innocent as Grace?

Grace cried into his chest.... "What is my fault? " cried Grace.

"Ssshhhhh baby, it's okay.nothing is your fault. Nothing... He is just a jerk " says Zac softly holding her and comforting her.
Zac understood why Grace had trust issues.
"I'm not one of those guys,Grace. I'm Zac. I'm yours...." said Zac softly, admitting his never ending love for Grace.

Grace just cried even Harder into his chest feeling guilty of hurting him with her words before.

"You are my EVERYTHING....honestly, I never bought anyone on this cruise or to the place we're going now. I never bought someone on an air balloon. I never had a girl come into my bedroom and touch those paintings.
Most importantly, I never had a girl that I took to my mum" said Zac softly explaining that he was with Grace to stay.
"Really? " asks Grace like a baby wiping her own tears.
Zac wipes her tears "Truly " says Zac and brings her closer to his chest. He pats her sweetly on her head and kisses her on her head.
"Zac..." says Grace still holding him and hugging him like that burying her face into his chest.
"What is it, Grace? " asks Zac sweetly.
"I'm sorry... " says Grace breathing into his chest.
Zac smiles "It's okay.... I understand. " says Zac.
"Hmmm" she breathes into his chest.
"And Grace... We can make love some other day if you're not ready. No pressure. Okay? " says Zac.
Grace doesn't answer.
"Baby... Is that a yes?" asks Zac.
Suddenly Grace's hands set loose Zac's arms.
"Babe,what happened? Why aren't you saying anything? " asked Zac.
Her body became loose and she collapsed into him.
"GRACE!!!!!!! " Screamed Zac.
She lied in his arms like that. Pale, not moving....