Chapter-47

Grace landed in India. She got out of the plane and claimed her luggage at the belt. The airport was very posh and was a not so crowded. People were busy with their phones and laptops. It's not something you usually hear about India. It really is a pleasant place to be. Grace took the escalator and it roped downwards which took her to the entrance/exit of the airport.there a 37 year old man named Ramesh was holding a name board in his hand and was waiting for Grace to arrive.  She saw the sign and waved at him. He smiled politely and waved back at her.  Ramesh was about 5'8 same as Grace. He had a pleasant face with a charming smile. A soft voice and a fluent accent. 
"Miss Grace Eva?" asks Ramesh
"Yes" answers Grace politely, smiling.
"I am Ramesh. Very nice to meet you " says Ramesh.
"Hello Ramesh, nice to meet you too" says Grace.
"Welcome to Hyderabad" says Ramesh
"Oh,thank you.. " says Grace sweetly.
"We've planned the whole trip for you in South India. I hope you will enjoy it" says Ramesh sweetly.
"Oh,I can't wait " says Grace excited.
"I will be your guide and assistant throughout your trip" said Ramesh.
"Oh thank you so much, Ramesh. So,sorry for bothering you " says Grace.
"the pleasure is all mine" says Ramesh. Being the gentleman he is.
He asks his assist to pick up Grace's luggage and put it in the Car's rear.
He opens the door for Grace and Grace thanks him politely and sits inside. The weather was dry and the heat was starting to have an impact on Grace. Her car was quite chilly inside, which is quite opposite the heat outside.
Grace then calls up her dad and talks to him.
Grace: Hey dad. I'm in India. Just got out of the airport. It's so good here,I already love it
Dad:I'm glad you're enjoying your time there.
Grace: it's beautiful here. The city, the atmosphere, this colorful city. I'm already in love with this city
Dad: that's good. Hey,honey... Meg has been calling me for a while now. What do I tell her? 
*silence *
Dad:Grace?
Grace :tell her something but don't tell her or anyone that I'm in India. Not even Zac. Okay?
Dad:are you sure? 
Grace :Yes...I'm tired dad. I felt suffocated when I was there. Now,here...it's a different atmosphere. A different aura.
Dad: But the same old Grace
Grace smiles.
Grace :How's mom?
Dad:She's pretty good. As usual.
~~~~~~~~~~
And the conversation went on for a little while till Grace reached her hotel.
Grace got inside the hotel. The hotel was called "The Mariot" it was luxurious and beautiful inside out with golden lights, fountains and green trees and bushes. She got to the counter and got the keys to her room. She took the elevator and reached her floor. The hotel person opened the door for her and welcomed her inside the room. She was looking around and pulled the curtains apart and saw the beautiful city of Hyderabad in the evening sky. She was impressed. Her luggage was bought into her room. She pulled out some night wear and got inside the washroom and took a bubble bath in the tub. She felt relaxed. It was quite.

The quite the room the louder your thoughts.

All she was trying to ignore was the voice inside her head. Screaming Zac's name over and over.
"When will I forget you, Zac?" asked Grace to herself as tears once again made their way out.

It doesn't matter if you're seven steps apart or seven seas Apart, your heart will still long for the person it misses and craves.

"I just don't get it.where did she go?" asks Meg furiously on the phone. She was at Grace's apartment, with ice cream hoping to see her bestfriend and wished to have a little girl chat.
"I don't know... Maybe she's at Zac's place? " says Mark.
"Yeah let's go to his house" says Meg and locks the door behind her. She drives to Zac's house. Zac was alone in his house. His parents were in his other house, Zac asked them not to bother him for a while. 
She opened Zac's house door and was stunned to see how miserable Zac looked. He had red sore eyes,his hair messy and bottles of alcohol around him. He kept drinking too much to numb his pain. It was too much for him to break up with Grace. 
"Oh my...Zac...what do you think you're doing? " said Grace walking towards him.
"I'm drinking... Drinking pain" says Zac, his tears running out of his eyes.
"Zac...why are you doing this? " asks Meg
"I love her...she doesn't understand that" says Zac.
"She does.which is why she's trying to not to get you in trouble " says Meg
"you don't say?!" says Zac drinking from his bottle
"Enough man" says Mark, walking towards Zac and Meg.
Zac was sitting on the floor,so Mark and Meg too got on the floor and sat on either side of Zac.
"pull yourself together man...seriously... What are you going to do with yourself? " asked Mark trying to knock some sense into Zac's brain.
"You don't even know what's happening " says Zac
"No,you don't know What's happening. She left you and all of us." says Mark arguing.
"What do you mean she left? " asked Zac innocently.
"tell him what you told me, Meg " says Mark
"Grace...Grace left...she took off,last night. None of know why. Or where did she go..." says Meg.
"I need to talk to her dad" says Zac softly looking for his phone.
"Man...I don't t-" says Mark
"shut up! " interrupts Zac,scrolling down his phone to call Grace's dad.
"Mr.Eva... Can I talk to Grace?  My friends are trying to fool me that she left.I know that my Grace would never do something like that to me. So,can you please let me talk to her? " asks a heart broken Zac who was looking for an opportunity to contact Grace somehow. 

Dad promise me you won't tell anyone anything 

"Zac, I can't tell you where she is. She just doesn't want to talk to you or anyone for that instance " says Grace's dad.
"Grace doesn't want to talk to me... " cried Zac.
As much as Grace's dad hated Zac for hurting his Daughter like that...he felt bad for Zac.

"If she is there with you,please tell her that I am sorry and I didn't mean what I said earlier and I miss her " said Zac admitting that he still loves her.
Grace's dad was a sentimental man and an emotional person too.
"Grace took off...she'll be back in a few days,Zac. I'll talk to her" said Grace's dad trying to comfort Zac.
They both hung up.
"So?" asked Meg.
"she left... Without me..." says Zac falling onto his knees.
"How can she do this to me?  I love her...I need her..." says Zac out loud.  Mark and Meg were just stunned to see him like that.
The international heart-throb, the National sensation, broken hearted and engulfed in pain. Absolute pain.
"Zac, it's not my place to tell you...but... Give yourself a break. It's not going to help you.  She's moving on. So should you" says Mark.
"moving on?" says Zac.
"How can I move on when my soul is being ripped apart by every passing second? " says Zac.
"Zac,calm down" said Meg.
"No!  You guys shut up! You have no idea what Grace and I shared.  If I'm breathing it's for her,if I had to die it's got to be for her. I only have her. I have no one else. I can't stand it... Without her, I'll die" admitted Zac.

If the only way to be with you was in my dreams,then I'd sleep forever and never wake up.