Chapter 4

Yay, another chapter :) This one is... eventful, to say the least :D I hope you like it!

--------------------------

The school had two pools on site: one was a large, indoor one that was situated inside a modern building with gleaming white tiles on the walls and a high glass ceiling. The second was round the back of the school grounds and was a slightly smaller open air pool surrounded by a brick wall, with shimmering blue water that sparkled as the sun’s rays were reflected off the liquid. The large iron gate prevented unauthorised access to the area, most likely to avoid any out of school parties, but which could be viewed as pointless as anyone who was determined enough to enter could climb over the wall without too much difficulty.

On that day, Olivia’s new gym class were being taught in the indoor pool, with its pristine appearance that was enough to give anyone a headache if they spent too much time in there. The group was stood at the edge of the pool, the boys dressed in regulation long blue trunks with the school logo emblazoned on the left leg, the girls dressed in an unflattering blue one piece swimsuit that clung awkwardly to their bodies. All except one girl.

She strode out from the direction of the changing rooms, diamond encrusted designer sunglasses over her eyes, lips freshly coated with another layer of her signature shade of lip gloss, wearing a brightly coloured floral bikini that showed off so much of her tanned body it was almost indecent. She strode over to the rest of the class, tossing her blonde hair behind her shoulders and standing by the side of the pool with Courtney and Kayla, one hand placed firmly on her hip in a supermodel pose.

The teacher, Ms. Damon, who also happened to be the strict coach of the football, basketball and swim team, was a large fierce woman with short dark hair and the hint of a moustache on her upper lip. A shining silver whistle hung by a string from her neck, which she lifted to her mouth and blew violently on, sending a shrill sound shooting through the room, bouncing off all of the polished walls.

"Into the pool now, and give me laps!"

No one moved from the side as they stood there, not wanting to brave the cold water that filled the giant swimming pool.

This angered the coach even more, causing her to blow her whistle even harder and scream at the class in a bellowing voice. "If you don’t get into that pool this INSTANT, I’ll throw you in there myself!’"

This triggered some of the more athletic types in the class to dive elegantly in the pool and begin swimming towards the opposite end, with the rest of the class jumping in awkwardly and setting off slowly behind them.

"Alyssa! What in God’s name are you wearing?" The coach said, suddenly noticing Alyssa’s unusual choice of swimwear as she stayed standing at the side of the pool, not making any attempt to join the rest of her classmates.

She rolled her eyes and sighed, as if she thought that she could not get any dumber. "Can’t you tell? This is a genuine new season Versace. Duh!"

"Oh dear…" Chelsie muttered to Olivia as they swum together companionably. "This is going to turn ugly."

"Don’t you dare take that tone with me! Into the pool, this instant!" Ms. Damon stepped up closer so her face was just above Alyssa’s, before blowing hard on the whistle once more, causing Alyssa to clasp her manicured hands over her ears in an attempt to block out the din that was ringing in her ears.

"No way. I’m not getting in there in this lifetime. Do you know how much this bikini cost me? It’s not made for getting wet, you know!"

There was a slight pause for a moment, in which silence consumed the atmosphere. The only sound that could be heard was the gentle splashing of the water as the rest of the class continued swimming, trying to pretend that they were not listening to the scenario that was going on at the edge of the pool.