Chapter 20

New LONGER chapter... if you're reading this - THANK YOU so much for following this story, it means so much to me :) If you want to make me even happier, press the little 'vote' button to the left :)

--------------------------

"There’s that skank!"

Olivia turned round at the sound of Alyssa’s voice from the other side of the cafeteria, to see her marching furiously in her direction. "This can’t be good," she muttered to Chelsie, as Alyssa stormed over.

She didn’t look anything like her usual self. Her usually lush blonde hair looked like it hadn’t been brushed and was scraped back into a messy ponytail, and there was a distinct lack of make-up on her face. There were dark circles around her eyes – partly from old smudged mascara but mostly from fatigue – and her eyes hinted the redness that she had been crying.

Olivia stood up as Alyssa approached her, suddenly startled as she was slammed up against the cafeteria wall with great force.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Alyssa screamed in her face, looking a lot like her fist was about to collide with Olivia’s face.

By now, the whole of the cafeteria was silent and all eyes were focused on the scene in the corner of the room. Because, after all, when Alyssa was involved in something, it was guaranteed not to disappoint.

"What are you talking about?" Olivia asked, genuinely confused, but Alyssa wasn’t buying it.

"You know full well what I’m talking about, you bitch! I can’t believe you’d do this to me!"

"Honestly, Alyssa," Olivia said, a lot more confidently than she felt, as she was about two seconds away from having her face smashed in. "I really don’t know what you mean."

"Oh yeah," Alyssa said, loosening her grip and taking a step back. "Sure. You totally don’t know what I’m talking about." Her voice was wavering, and she sounded like she was trying not to cry. "Because why the fuck would you know what I’m talking about when Carter just broke up with me? Huh?"

Suddenly, it dawned on Olivia. Did Alyssa really think she’d told Carter about what she saw at Brooke’s party? Of course, she had initially been thinking about it but after being threatened in the forest she’d changed her mind.

"But I didn’t–" Olivia began to protest, before Alyssa interrupted her again.

"Just shut the fuck up!" Alyssa screamed, her voice echoing through the silent cafeteria. "You’re a bitch, Olivia, and everyone knows it. You try and act so fucking innocent when you’re really just as slutty and bitchy as everyone else!"

"Look, I swear I didn’t–"                                                                                    

"You’re going to regret this, you skank. I’m going to make you regret this. I’m going to ruin you, Olivia Webb, for what you’ve done."

Suddenly, she leaped forward, making a grab for Olivia’s hair. Startled, Olivia tried to push her away in defence but she was pushed to the floor. Alyssa was now practically on top of her, tugging at her hair and clawing at her face. She was quite the spirited fighter, probably with a great deal of experience.

There was a sudden scraping of chairs on the shiny cafeteria floor as what seemed like the whole school stood up to get a better look at the brawl. Some jocks were cheering, mainly for Alyssa, and Kayla and Courtney were standing by, looking smug. Chelsie was still sitting, looking slightly scared and unsure of what she should do. However, she decided, it was best not to get involved in a fight where Alyssa – and incredibly sharp stiletto heels – were involved.