Chapter 50

Hello! A long-ish chapter for you, so be grateful :) Once I finish uploading this I have to go do some revision... which is probably why I'm trying to make this author's note as long as possible :P No, but anyway, I hope you like this chapter. It's dramatic, so enjoy! :-)

---------------------------------

The next few seconds were a complete blur. Everything happened so quickly, flashing past everyone’s eyes so fast it was impossible to focus, and yet at the same time, the whole sequence of events seemed to be in slow motion.

Courtney was standing on the stage, watching everyone’s shocked expressions as they tried to process the information that they had just been presented with. No one could quite believe it - there wasn’t a soul at Serenity Falls who didn’t know that Mr Hammond was the hottest teacher around, but no one had actually expected anyone to make a serious move on him. Not even Alyssa Taylor.

She was certainly not anticipating the next thing that occurred.

Alyssa ran forwards, suddenly emerging from the side of the stage, pouncing on Courtney and tackling her to the floor. There was a loud thump as the microphone slipped from Courtney’s grip and tumbled to the floor, eventually colliding with the wooden floorboards and echoing the noise of its impact around the silent hall.

"You bitch!" Alyssa screamed, as she straddled Courtney, clawing at her face and tugging the strands of her hair as hard as she could.

The tense atmosphere was broken as suddenly as it was created as the audience erupted into a mix of shocked gasps, laughs and cheers.

"You brought this on yourself, Alyssa!" Courtney screamed back, snapping back into her senses and trying with all her might to fight back. She grabbed Alyssa’s arms, curling her hands round them as she dug her sharp nails deep into her skin.

"Break it up!" Mr Delmar shouted, as he and two other teachers rushed forward to try and pull the pair of them apart.

Courtney gained strength suddenly and she managed to push Alyssa off of her, rolling over smoothly so that they had swapped positions and she was in the dominant space above her opponent’s struggling body. She was oblivious to the hundreds of people in the room with them, oblivious to the teachers trying desperately to prise her away. This was just about getting revenge on Alyssa, and making sure she got humiliated in front of the entire school while she was at it. She reached out, grabbing locks of Alyssa’s blonde hair with both hands and yanking it as hard as she could, causing her to cry out in pain.

But Alyssa was a determined fighter, and with all that anger bottled up inside her from the past weeks - Carter, Courtney, Tiffani’s pregnancy, her father not believing her - she was not about to give up that easily, especially when she had just been presented with the perfect opportunity to beat the crap out of Courtney.

She balled up her fist and slammed it hard into Courtney’s face which so much force she even surprised herself. As her knuckles collided with her cheekbones, she felt a shooting pain spread throughout them as quickly as fire. But she couldn’t let that stop her. Courtney was struggling, one eye creased up in pain as she tried to block Alyssa’s punches while inflicting some damage of her own.

"I fucking hate you, Courtney!" she screamed as loudly as her throat would allow her, as she felt the weight being suddenly lifted off her body. Opening her eyes more widely allowed her to see that Courtney was now being dragged away by one of the teachers, their arms tightened in a firm grip to keep her from escaping.

"I fucking hate you too!" Courtney shouted back. She was desperately trying to free her arms from the teacher’s grasp - anything that would let her have one final punch at her sworn enemy. Just the sight of Alyssa’s face was enough to send her into full rage mode, and with that blonde-covered expression staring back at her, she was barely able to stop herself from killing her.