Chapter 5

Sorry this is kinda short, but I didn't want to drag it out any longer than it needed to be. Vote, comment and all that jazz :) Hope you guys like it!

-----------------------------

Inside the boy’s locker room, the smell was a mixture of sweat and deodorant. It wasn’t the most pleasant place to be in the school, but since most of the boys spent a considerable amount of time in there, it didn’t really affect them too much. The brick walls were covered in certificates and pictures of sporting triumphs, old and new, proudly displayed.

Carter and Ethan had just got out of the drama-filled gym lesson that had only finished moments ago. And as per usual, the centre of the drama had been… Alyssa Taylor. That fact didn’t surprise anyone. She was always the centre of attention, whatever the matter.

"I don’t know, man, she’s just… a lot to handle, you know?" Carter sighed. He had been toying with the idea of breaking things off with Alyssa for a while, but he hadn’t discussed it with anyone. Not even his best mate, Ethan.

"You can say that again," Ethan grinned, as he opened one of the lockers that contained his belongings and pulled out his shirt.

"Oi, if you’re dumping Alyssa then I’m straight in there!" Aiden, another friend of Carter’s shouted from a few metres away. He grinned as he pulled his shirt on. "That girl is hot, man!"

Carter didn’t react to his friend, and carried on talking to Ethan. "I don’t know how much more drama I can take. I mean, she goes off in a strop every other day over some stupid little thing, like if I don’t compliment her shoes or something. Anyway, how am I meant to know the difference between Jimmy Choo and… and… whatever else she wears? They all look the same to a guy."

"You do know that if you broke up with her for good, you’d never hear the end of it. You’d be practically dead. You might as well start making plans for your funeral right now."

Carter paused, considering it. "What’s the worst she can do?"

Ethan raised his eyebrows. "Er, get her Dad and all his Sync. cronies to have you murdered and then cover it all up so it looks like it was suicide?"

Carter half-smiled at Ethan’s comment, although he knew that it definitely wasn’t impossible. When Alyssa was angry enough, she was unstoppable. And with a father as rich and powerful as Richard Taylor, it was a thousand times worse.  "It will be suicide if I have to go on another shopping trip with her."

Ethan shook his head and smiled. "That new girl’s pretty hot though, don’t you think? Olivia, isn’t that her name?" He tried to conjure up a mental image of the girl who had joined their class just this morning. He remembered her as looking quite pretty, despite her admittedly nerdy way of wearing her uniform and distinct lack of make-up. But that could be viewed as a good thing – there was hardly a female in the entire school that wasn’t covered in the stuff.

Carter thought for a second, he too trying to remember the girl who he had paid hardly any attention to this morning – after all, he had been a little busy with Alyssa – then shook his head. "She’s a bit… nerdy, isn’t she? One of those scholarship kids, you know." He screwed his nose up. He too, with most of the paying students who attended the school, was against the scholarship students. Most of them weren’t even worth hooking up with. Just a waste of space, in his opinion, that could be filled by hot girls.

Ethan stayed quiet for a second before shrugging his shoulders. "Yeah, I guess she is."

"Anyway, I don’t know how much more of Alyssa and drama I can take. Even if I do decide to get rid of her, how the hell am I gonna do it?" He paused, thinking about the situation, and shuddered. "Oh man, I’m gonna get killed. I’m in way too deep here."

"Just do it quick. And then run. As fast as you can. That girl’s like a goddamn lion or something. She’ll rip you to pieces."

"That makes me feel so much better," Carter grinned, playfully hitting Ethan with the towel that he was holding. "Still, I suppose you’re right. I’ve just got to get it over with. I’ll do it soon. And then I’m a free man."