Chapter 6

New chapter :) This one's got some romance in it yaaay ;) Hope you like it! Vote and all that jazz!

----------------------------

As soon as the sound of the school bell shook the school to signify that it was the end of a long and a drama-filled day, Olivia was out of her last period class as fast as possible. She rushed to her locker, quickly swapped her textbooks over for the ones she needed at home and was out of the main doors in just a few moments. It would’ve been a lot easier if the hallways weren’t heaving with students all heading in different directions, but she was soon outside, feeling the warmth of the afternoon air on her skin.

The school grounds seemed smaller now, but maybe that was just because she was beginning to get used to the extent of the place. Before long, she would probably barely remember her old high school back in New York, with its crumbling buildings and shabby décor. Being in there had an element of danger – you never knew if you were going to get hit on the head by a broken ceiling tile or something. That was definitely not the case with this school. Everything was brand new and pristine.

But that wasn’t the case with the people inside it. She paused for a second, smoothing down her hair and trying to hitch up her skirt in an effort to look cooler before she heard a voice behind her that startled her slightly and caused her to spin round.

"Hello, Olivia."

It was Aaron. He was leaning against a pillar that held up the porch entrance and had an entrancing smile fixed to his face that seemed to make Olivia’s heart melt inside her chest.

"Wait… how did you… but school only just…" Olivia’s speech broke off as a wider smile spread through his face.

"You know, we cannot all be as good and obedient as you. There are some classes I do not really have the desire to attend." He lifted a hand up to his head and ran it through his messy black locks. Some of it flopped over his face.

"So you had a good day, hmm?"

Olivia nodded uneasily in reply. "Yeah, it was kind of… weird."

"Welcome to Serenity Falls, then," he said, taking his weight off the pillar and standing up straight. He approached Olivia, who had been standing a few metres away, and looked intently at her. His gaze seemed to penetrate her, like it was reaching right inside her and staring her soul in the face. She tried to focus, but his deep green eyes were overpowering and she ended up looking down at the floor, feeling shy.

"And what about me? Do you think I am weird?" He enquired, looking intrigued to hear her answer.

She drew in breath, about to answer, but she could only manage a "N…" sound before Aaron’s arms were round her back, gently pulling her body closer to his, his supple lips feeling as soft as a cloud as they moved slowly up her neck and onto her face. Adrenaline pumped through her body. The slight impact sent shivers down her spine and made her legs feel weak, as if they could not properly support her weight. He felt her lean against him slightly and strengthened his grip as their lips properly touched. His touch on her arms made her skin feel tingly and warm and she let herself melt into him, melt into the kiss as she rested her arms around his neck, subconsciously playing with his hair. It was as if they were in their own little world, as though Olivia was completely oblivious to the sounds and jeers of other students passing as they made their way out of school. They were on their own little cloud, far up in the sky, where the only thing that could reach them was the slight breeze that caressed her skin. Isolated. Undisturbed.

But this feeling was short lived as they broke apart eventually, his lips parting from hers slowly and his head gradually pulling away from hers. She drew in breath, unable to speak as a smile crept across Aaron’s face.