Always Remember...5

5

“Look who’s up bright and early for once.” Seth said as I walked inside the hospital room.

It was the next day and It was 9:30. That was early for me. Usually I would sleep in and wouldn’t wake up until noon. But today I had more confidence then yesterday. Today I would read the rest of the letter she wrote for me.

I don’t know why but I wanted to read the letter while I was close by her. To me that’s what felt right. Seth looked way better then yesterday but you could still see the sadness in his eyes. India for once was quiet by her sister sad as always. Autumns' mom was sitting in a hospital chair further away from her daughters' bedside, it looked like she was about to cry again just like she did yesterday and the day before. Her husband was close by, rubbing soothing circle on her back, comforting her.

I took a seat near the window.

“So how is she doing today?” I said aloud.

“She doing better than yesterday. The doctor says that she is healing slowly, but that she has to wake up so that she could heal better.” India said not taking her eyes off her sister.

“Oh” I said. I didn’t know what else I could say. Everyone was quiet just starring at her like any moment she might wake up.

“If, it helps I think she’s going to make it.” I said, I know my mate and I knew she was going to make it, no doubt about it.

“My girl has always been a fighter. She's not gonna die on us with out a fight.” Her dad said. He was the only one that looked away from her to look at me. I could tell that he was sadder than he seemed to be. He gave me a fake smile and then turned back to her.

“What do you mean when you say ’she not gonna die on us with out a fight?’ she’s only 17 and she’s turning 18 tomorrow. She’s to young to die, it’s not her time to go. Someone tried to kill her isn’t it obvious to everyone in this room? Someone came and severely beat her half to death, honestly I didn’t think I had to say that out loud for you guys to know that. I mean just look at her.” India said pointing to her.

Every one was quiet. And shocked by India outburst. She was usually all for peace and love. To see her yell and scream at people was out of the ordinary.

“Trust me, I know my mate. She’s not dying anytime soon. Today I could feel she’s getting better by the second.” I said without thinking. I didn’t know what I was saying until it was to late. Every one turned around to look at me. ‘Damn it! I should’ve just keep my mouth shut!’ I thought to myself. The only person that knew she was my mate was my brothers, sister, mom, and dad. They told me that I should tell her before anyone else found out, especially my mom.

It was an awkward silence, well for me mostly. They were just starring at me and I couldn’t read their emotions. Everyone was starring at me but Seth.

“I knew it all along.” Seth said turning away from me. He looked hurt by my words but shrugged. “It obvious that their mates, don’t you see the way Nathan looks at her, the way their always together. It’s like I was the only person that was seeing how they act towards each other.” he said as if it were that simple.

“How long did you know that you two were mates?” Her farther said. Now that it was out there I might as well just tell them the whole story, I thought to myself.

“I knew it since we were ten. At that time I didn’t know what the feeling was but then my father told me. I wanted to tell her ever since we were sixteen but I never got the chance to.”