Chapter 1 - Mysterious Mage

...

I was never a morning-type of woman. I always worked undercover in the night, but the daytime wasn't exactly a period where I could enjoy myself. When the sun was up, I usually slept, or if I had trouble doing so, I would devise other plans for the future. With that being said, it was a rare occasion that I'd actually head out somewhere, apart from jumping to and fro between inns. I saved my jobs for the evening, after all.

But, there was a disturbance in my regular routine. A change. While keeping myself busy with the work I had laid out across the bed of the hotel, a note seemed to have materialized from the sky somehow, gracefully descending from the ceiling. As it landed amidst the sheets, I swiftly retrieved it, giving it a quick skim.

...

Dearest Rena,

I possess the knowledge that you have a desire to save Velder Kingdom by assassinating Queen Seris. How do I know? Unfortunately, I can't disclose such information to you, yet. But, if you are curious, please stop by my stronghold. An address shall be provided at the bottom. Answers await!

Plus, I would be more than happy to assist you with this duty. Of course, that's because I'm the best wizard in the universe! I can gift you some useful items for your quest. Interested now? You'd be insane if you weren't.

Hurry! My patience is running short. Come to the third Residential Area, and find the house with the bright red rooftop, near the back alleyway. Knock five times, pause, then knock twice so I am well-informed that it's you.

I swear by Magician's Oath that I am not affiliated with our current corrupt government.

Sincerely,

Mysterious Mage.

P.S. This message will now self-destruct. Thank you! 

...

With a quiet booming sound, the letter disappeared, and not a trace remained. What kind of witchcraft was this? It was impressive that this person was able to pinpoint my location accurately, given the fact that I was fairly skilled in the art of disguise, and that I was constantly moving from one place to another. He or she also knew my name, but how?

Coincidentally, the witch lived in the same locality as the young boy whom I delivered bread to. Did he spill the beans? Oh, how troublesome.

Believing that his/her words were nothing but the truth, I decided to visit the magician. Answers were going to help me with accomplishing my goal, so there was nothing to lose.

Quickly, I cleaned up the papers that were being dealt with before this occurrence happened, and swapped my attire in a rush. I threw a white wool sweater over myself, and dressed in some flexible yoga pants. Tying up my hair into a messy blonde-green bun afterwards, a beanie adorned my head. I grabbed my pair of fake glasses from the bedside table and put them on. I had to try my best to appear different for two reasons. One, because I was an assassin. Two, because of the unintentional curse I was born with to look similar to the Queen.

Last but not least, I took my securely sheathed and hidden blade, Erendil, with me before I casually walked out the door, leaving the inn.

What was this mage like?

...

---[CHAPTER 1 - MYSTERIOUS MAGE : END]---