Chapter 3 - Magic

...

My purpose of visiting Aisha was originally for answers to my current situation, but what I had received in return was not only what I searched for, but a little more in addition. The bundle also came with genuine friendship too, which wasn't too bad. Relationships with others never lasted long in my case, but it was worth another shot.

"Magic. Hmm, since you want to know all of the details, I'll give them to you! My powers have enabled me to stalk, oh, err, I mean, track you down. Of course, I'm not a creep or anything, and it's not like I have the time to actually go out to chase after you. No, no, that's an utter waste! Instead, I do it in here, where I have objects similar to those crystal orbs fortune tellers use. Except, they show the movements of certain people, as if I was watching them on television, where I can alter it to my choosing! Still with me? Great, this is a nice topic to stay on. By observing you for a while, I could tell that assassinating Queen Seris is your ulterior motive! 'Wow, an assassin that does half-decent things?' I thought that was wonderful. So, I wanted a bit more information to justify my hypotheses. A certain little birdie told me that you have been delivering bread to the community in secrecy! I also learned your name, and a bit of other stuff from that helpful munchkin. And, that's just about it, I guess. Phew, this was a protracted explanation, wasn't it? Well, it was fun to talk!" she smiled.

I had learned that Aisha was a rather truthful and honest girl when being interrogated. But, that wasn't a completely negative trait, as it helped the process of getting tasks done. I had also discovered that the boy whom I had been gifting food to was ratting out on me. Sigh, at least it was only Aisha, and not one of the enemies. I'd let it go, for once.

"Alright, thanks. You had a proposal earlier, no?" I queried.

The magician's eyes widened for a moment, almost as if she had forgotten. "Oh yeah! That's the most important part of this meeting, and the primary reason why I called you over in the first place. We share the same goal. For the sake of the civilians, and maybe even for myself, I want this kingdom to change. I want the Queen to be killed just as much as you do, and the next person that is being treated poorly here. Understand? I want to be your ally. I want camaraderie. I have a large list of 'wants', don't I? Ehehe~"

"So, you wish for us to be comrades? That's it?"

"No, I'm not quite done yet. I specifically requested for you, because I have a plan up my sleeve. Here's the deal: the curse that you've been dealing with all these years, is truly a blessing. In fact, it shouldn't be called a 'curse' at all! Because of the fact that you look similar to that dictator, it makes it a whole lot easier! With my magic, I'll create a replica of Seris' dress. I bet you can't find something like that in the shabby costume and clothing shops you visit! Wear the attire, and with a final touch of makeup, it'll be difficult to tell you two apart! Sounds good, no? From there, I'll handle the rest. Switch Seris out with you, and I'll have a small questioning session with her myself. It's far too boring to just plain out kill her, right? Plus, it's not as fun, and it leaves the remaining  government wondering. A high risk! That's terrible, as if you were doing a sloppy job with assassinating."

As she gave out her prolonged lecture, I nodded, mentally keeping note of her words. It wasn't that bad of a plan, and I trusted her to do whatever, working her magic to get the Queen out of her fortress somehow. I was hoping that she wouldn't fail me.

"And, anything else?" I needed to make sure, but the real inquiry was how she was able to speak for such a lengthy duration of time in the first place.

"A few more sentences and I'll be done, I swear!" she nervously scratched the back of her head. "Since her voice is about an octave higher than yours, or something like that, I'm not much of a musician, I'll supply you with a voice changer device as well. Keep it close to you, it'll function with my powers as a source, and only that. As long as it has contact with you somehow, it'll be fine. Another problem, successfully dealt with! Finally, since the Queen has some loyal bodyguard with her, his name was Raven, if I recalled correctly? It'll be tough to get through the guy, but, gather knowledge from him. I was too busy stalking you to get much out of him. Go on a fake date as Seris, to seek the pieces you need. Once he's out of the picture, the rest will be a piece of cake."

A date? She had to be joking, right? There must have been some other way.

Seeing that I had almost no reaction for a while, she turned around. "Off to make the materials! I'll be done in a moment, then you can safely sneak out to the castle." Aisha declared.

...

---[CHAPTER 3 - MAGIC : END]---