Chapter 4 - Castle

...

In a flash, the mage had kicked me out of her residence, after supplying the 'gifts'. She shoved me outside, slamming the door behind her, in a nutshell. Truth be told, it wasn't even a polite escort. Did all teenagers have mood swings like this? Hmph, they needed to show more respect for their elders! Ah, but even to this day, I'm not that old.

I glanced down at the items in my hands, a bag occupied with the following objects: a replica of Seris' dress, a voice-modifying fragment of tape, and a dull, purple orb. I recalled the instructions Aisha gave quite clearly...

"You know exactly what the dress and tape are for! Now, the orb. So, since I really don't know any other way to make this more convenient for you, this orb will help you teleport Seris to me! Tap the sphere five times to activate it, it should glimmer and glow beautifully~ Then, chuck it at her with no mercy! Don't worry, it won't hurt her... much. The Queen will be automatically transported to my secret lair, where I have a nice prison cell sitting around, waiting to be filled. Ta-da! Now praise me for my excellence, ehehe! Off you go, bye bye! By the way, try not to smear the make-up! Shouldn't be an easy task, though, it's infused with my magical magics!"

Finally, snapping back to reality, I realized what I had gotten myself into. My current quest was to overthrow the government, yes, step by step. The first was to venture on a date with a man whom I didn't know at all, pulling up a facade as the Queen simultaneously. How troublesome! But, the deed had to be done.

...

Skipping from rooftop to rooftop, I made it to the castle with stealth and speed in a matter of time. Standing on the balcony, I peered into Seris' bedroom from the glass door embellished with various jewels, diamonds in particular. The guards down below were completely unaware of my sudden raid, which was fortunate. It was difficult to stop a professional bravo such as myself, after all.

Tap tap tap tap tap. The orb was successfully activated after its removal from the bag, a shimmering light illuminating within its core.

With a deep breath, I busted down the gateway (thankfully I was able to do it quietly), immediately grabbing hold of the woman after dashing through the pink carpet made of strong, valuable fibers. The rest of the room was adorned with quite a bit of fancy decor as well, such as exquisite vases holding only the most luscious flowers in Velder. Muffling her mouth with one hand, I gibed the sphere at her arm with the other. She was struggling and had the desire to scream, but couldn't. The first section of the duty concluded as both the magic ball and Seris disappeared instantly. The rest was up to Aisha.

The next few moments passed by relatively quickly as well. Fixing the door was simple, and so was shifting into the Queen's attire. Her gown was lengthy and silky, and provided enough room to conceal the sheath of my Erendil blade. I took a peek into the mirror before slapping the tape onto my neck for an adjusted tone of voice. I whispered to myself several times to test it out before proceeding on, for safety measures. Last, but not least, I hid my old disguise into one of the many cabinets, luckily there were empty ones.

I was confident in my abilities, and so, I slid open the door to the hallway of the stronghold. A few feet away was the knight who seemed to be Raven. Tall and somewhat muscular, with jet-black hair that was lengthier than the average male.

Let the date begin.

...

---[CHAPTER 4 - CASTLE : END]---