Chapter 8 - Side Quest

...

Aisha had quite a bit of information to share with me, which was fortunate. Now, what were these two people like? I peeked into the files, rummaging through the papers.

...

Name: SIEGHART, Elesis

Position: Velder's Berserker; the Crimson Avenger

Appearance: Scarlet-red hair, amber eyes. Shouldn't be hard to find! I included a photo, too.

Personality: Cold, distant, and unwilling to speak. Also insane due to a past occurrence that involved watching her own comrades die in front of her very eyes.

Abilities: Skilled with wielding claymores, evil energy techniques.

Precautions: Don't trigger her or anything. Well, that's a given to anyone, right? It's fairly easy to piss her off, just like me!

Location: The prison of the deepest levels. She's there for a reason; it was an alternative to being executed by Queen Seris since she failed her knights.

---

Name: ???, Add

Position: Velder's Mechanic, the Mastermind

Appearance: Refer to above. I attached a photo, so why does it matter?

Personality: Similar to Elesis, he's also a psychopath, but in a calculated way. Very attentive and intelligent; a nerd who loves creating new devices. Huh, what more is there to say?

Abilities: Machines, duh! He utilizes these Nasod dynamo thingies, don't know too much about them, unfortunately. Technology is gross, magic is where it's at!

Precautions: I might have forgotten why I added this section. Try not to get hit by those floating stick contraptions? That's the best I got.

Location: Middle floors, in his laboratory.

...

Not only one, but two lunatics? Sigh, this was going to be one hell of a ride. Might as well start on this new side quest, I was prepared for it. A fresh new day, flooded with more tasks in order to reach the final goal. It sounded just about right.

As the documented sheets began to vanish, I began to head out of the royal bedroom, taking a visit down the stairs enchanted with marble, descending to the lowest level first. Elesis was going to be my first target to negotiate the terms and conditions with, as I have hurriedly decided only a mere few seconds back.

...

Of course, several small obstacles had to be passed through first. Two guards were on standby in front of the main gate of the jail cells, both vigilantly staring out into the hallway, where I formally approached them with a cunning yet innocent-looking smile.

"Hello and good morning!" I greeted.

The first one raised his eyebrow at my presence. "Queen Seris? What brings you here all of a sudden?"

"May I request to visit somebody here? There is a message I wish to personally deliver."

The second guard slowly nodded after a moment of hesitation. "Oh, uh, sure... Just be careful. We don't want anything happening to you."

My smile widened after his response. "Will do~ Thank you for your time!"

...

Tap, tap, tap. The sound of my footsteps was amplified in this vicinity, due to the metal floor. I glanced around at the prisoners enclosed, along with their nameplates, too. A pitiful life they lived. Some of the 'criminals' scowled at me as I passed by. I was betting that most of these people were innocent, but they were merely accused of a crime that was never committed. Typical Seris.

Around twenty or so jail cells later, I reached the one that had Elesis Sieghart engraved onto its plate. The female was sitting lazily against the wall, with her back hunched over. I wouldn't blame her for poor posture after torture within the cells.

She seemed to have been asleep, until I stopped by. One of her eyes stirred, battering slightly.

"Hmph. Why the hell are you here?" she glared.

...

---[CHAPTER 8 - SIDE QUEST : END]---