Ch. 9

Ch. 9

Thalia Grace had not had a good past three days. Sure it had started great, she found out her brother Jason was alive and that Perseus was going to reunite them as soon as he could. But after their meeting things began to go downhill.

It started at the capture the flag game. She had gone to Zeus' fist just as Perseus had told her to. Her problem was not finding the entrance to the Labyrinth; it was finding the way out. After she had found the delta symbol on the door of the entrance, she hadn't expected the door to open at her touch. As she leaned on the door, it had shot open and she had dropped into the Labyrinth before she had time to even yell for help. When collected herself after her 10 foot fall she had realized it was pitch black inside. She hadn't brought a flashlight and for the life of her she couldn't find another delta symbol. She looked for a way out for 40 minutes before she decided it was time to ask Perseus for help. She grabbed her pendant and prayed to him. Instead of showing up, she heard laughter in her head.

'What is so funny Percy? I'm stuck in this damn maze after following your brilliant plan.' She mentally yelled at him.

This was only met with more laughter.

'Thalia, what happened before you went on the quest to save Artemis?' He asked her chuckling.

'Well your girlfriend slapped me apparently and you wiped my mind. How does this help me?' Came her irritated response.

'And what did I do when I wiped your mind?' He asked her as his laughter calmed down.

"You blessed m.....Damnit." She yelled, as she literally face palmed herself for her own stupidity.

'It's a bit dark in there, are you sure you can find a shadow to get yourself out? Or do I need to come rescue my little girl?' Perseus said before breaking into a fit of laughter.

Thalia growled mentally in response. She then stepped forward and pictured herself on the other side of Zeus' fist. When she came out of the shadow of the rock, she stumbled and fell to her knees, a wave of nausea hitting her quickly.

'Oh yea sorry, I forgot to mention it takes a little getting used to.' Thalia heard Perseus tell her in her head.

'Yea, thanks for the heads up.' She replied sarcastically.

After finding Chiron and showing him the entrance. A quest was issued with 12 year old Annabeth Chase leading it. She quickly chose Luke and Thalia as her companions and they were told to head out the next day after lunch. After a long couple hours Luke and Thalia had convinced the mortal, Rachael, to come along on the quest. They had to explain everything about the Gods, monsters, and the whole Greek mythology world. Rachael was actually relieved to find out she was not insane but rather just a clear sited mortal. Thalia, however, did not enjoy how much Rachael blushed and smiled around Luke, even if he and Thalia were only friends, at the moment.

After a day and a half in the Labyrinth they had a not so pleasant meeting with a Sphinx, who tried to force them to play a jeopardy style game in order to gain passage. This had gotten Annabeth rather excited at the prospect of testing her knowledge. Thalia on the other hand quickly ran out of patience and put an arrow between the Sphinx's eyes before anyone could blink. Of course she had slowed time slightly so it appeared to happen even faster than it really did.

After dealing with Annabeth whining to her about how she could have won the game easily and Thalia's attack was unnecessary for the remainder of the day, they finally stumbled upon Daedalus' workshop; only to find out they were 6 hours late. Daedalus had given Clarisse the string after she promised him freedom once the Titans took over. Daedalus felt bad and warned them they had about a day before the Titan's Army attacked camp.