Ch. 20

Ch. 20

The Roman and Greek demigods had set sail for Greece in the early hours of the morning, the seven of the prophecy leading the way on the Argo II. Perseus was currently sitting curled up in his wolf form in the front of the ship carrying the Hunters of Artemis and the Perseus cabin, which consisted of Thalia and Clarisse. Perseus sat next to Zoe as she casually scratched his head while the ship sailed. All the ships had the capability to fly but with Poseidon controlling the seas, it was simpler to just sail there. The Olympians sat on Olympus, waiting for the call to come to Greece, save for Artemis who sailed with her hunters and Bellona, who joined Artemis on the ship. The journey would only take them about a day with Poseidon aiding the ship's voyage. The sun was beginning to set and they should reach Greece by morning. Zoe made her way down to her room down below of the ship, her faithful "wolf" trailing right behind her.

Once inside Zoe's room, everyone on the ship had their own thanks to a little help from Perseus; Zoe made her way onto her bed and laid down. In a flash of light her wolf was suddenly transformed into the love of her life, who lay down beside her, burying his face in her long silky black hair. Zoe felt him wrap his arms around her, making her feel safe from all the danger that lay ahead of them beginning tomorrow.

Zoe turned herself around so she was face to face with Perseus, gazing lovingly into his eyes. Perseus' face cracked into a fanged grin as he stared at Zoe.

"What's on your mind Zoe?" Perseus asked as he could tell she was thinking deeply.

Zoe was about to respond when an odd thought popped into her head.

"Can't you just read my mind? I mean you're a Primordial God and I know Olympians can read people's thoughts, so I assume you can as well." She asked curiously.

Perseus chuckled softly at her random question. "I could if I wanted to, but I don't." He said as kissed her softly.

Zoe smiled after being kissed, "Why don't you though?" She asked curious as to his reasoning.

Perseus smiled, "I do with some people but not with you. It is what made me decide to save Clarisse and bring her home with me. I read her mind and her reasons for betraying Olympus and I couldn't help but think I might have done the same in her situation." Perseus explained.

Zoe looked at him curiously, "But why not me?" She asked getting impatient for his answer.

"Because I love you. It would feel like I'm invading your privacy if I did that. I guess I just figured that if we love each other then we should be allowed to have our own private thoughts. By reading your thoughts and you not being able to do the same it just didn't seem right." He said like it was obvious.

Zoe stared at him for a minute burying her head into his chest, smiling to herself at how perfect he was, something she wouldn't say to him though.

"You do know you can do the same thing now right?" Perseus asked with a chuckle.

Zoe pulled back from his chest with a big smile on her face. She decided to test it out and tried to look into Perseus' mind just this once. She felt herself enter his mind only to hear the sound of his laughter in her head.

She pulled out of his mind, "What?" She asked incredulously.

Perseus began to laugh out loud, "I just realized the other reason I never read your thoughts. I know you well enough to know what you're thinking anyway." He said smirking.

Zoe sent a hard jab into his chest, effectively ending his laughter. She smirked victoriously, "I guess you didn't know me well enough to know that was coming now did you?" She said mockingly.