Ch. 15

Ch.15

Jason Grace was utterly confused, about everything. He literally had no memory of how he ended up in this situation. In fact, he couldn't remember much of anything at all. He knew his name was Jason Grace, but other than that everything was kind of fuzzy. He remembered the name Reyna but couldn't remember from where. He could picture her face, but other than that it was a blank.

He was currently running up a hill being led by something that looked like a teenage boy but had the lower body of a goat. The guy, Grover he called himself, said he was a satyr but for some reason Jason felt that was wrong. He wanted to call the guy a faun but decided he didn't want to offend the guy.

As they raced up the hill, a group of massive hounds were on their trail gaining quickly. There were about a dozen of them. Grover said once they got over the hill they would be safe. Jason was unsure but didn't see much of an option, other than trusting him. About half-way up the hill another group of monsters popped up from the ground. They were hideous looking creatures, six arms on each, and they seemed to be made of earth.

"Earthborn." Grover muttered, frightened.

Jason didn't blame him either, they were screwed. There were at least ten of the hounds and another ten or fifteen of the monsters Grover had called Earthborn.

As the two groups slowly closed in on them, a shadow appeared beside them. A girl appeared that looked so familiar to Jason, he was sure he should know who she is. Everything about her seemed familiar except her eyes. They were pitch black but with silver in them as well. They seemed to pulse slightly with power. She seemed like someone he knew but hadn't seen in many years. The girl whipped out two pitch black hunting knives and stood next to Grover.

"Your pocket Jason, take out the coin and flip it. You'll know what to do." The girl said to him.

She then stepped forward, toward the Earthborn, and attacked.

Jason reached into his pocket and found a gold coin. He had no idea where it came from but decided it would be wise to listen to the girl and flipped it. In mid-air it transformed into a golden sword which he caught by the hilt. Jason had no idea how that happened but something about it just felt right. He decided to stop thinking about it and stepped toward the hounds letting instinct take over.

Thalia watched her brother flow through the hounds flawlessly. He was an excellent swordsman. He and Luke would be an excellent sparring match to watch. Their styles were different but both nearly flawless.

Jason moved through the hounds, letting his instincts control his actions. He killed the first three easily but their numbers were catching up with him. He felt a tug in his gut before a bolt of lightning came down, incinerating two of the hounds closing in on him. The other monsters seemed taken aback and Jason took advantage, lunging toward the remaining five with quick and deadly strikes. He killed the next three quickly. He lunged at what looked like the last one driving his blade through its maw before another jumped on his back knocking him down. Its claws dug into his back deeply. The beast went to bite Jason's neck before a pitch black arrow pierced it through its neck, causing it to explode into golden dust. Jason was bleeding and getting lightheaded as the girl leaned down next to him and grabbed his shoulder. A shadow consumed them and they reappeared in a room that seemed like an infirmary or hospital. Jason had appeared on a bed, the girl right next to him. His vision darkened but before he lost consciousness the girl leaned down to him and kissed him on the cheek.

"You did well little brother. I will be back soon to see you." She whispered to him before a shadow consumed her and she disappeared.

Jason's vision was getting darker but before he gave in, a name popped into his head;