CH. 16

Ch. 16

Chaos sat on his throne deep in thought. Many things had happened over the last year. His granddaughter and his son's half-sister had successfully destroyed the Titan Lord Kronos once and for all. While the Titans were no longer a real threat to planet Earth, the world was now on the brink of the most dangerous war in its history. Chaos knew if his daughter and four sons won this war it would mean the end of the world once and for all. Not only would they kill off the Olympians and demigods, but they would also enslave the human race. And that wasn't what really worried him. He knew his children well; they would never be able to share power with each other and would undoubtedly wage war with each other sometime after their victory. Earth would undoubtedly be destroyed beyond any ability to host non-immortal life forms. The fate of billions, if not trillions of life forms, rested on the broad shoulders of his youngest son. Chaos felt helpless. He could not directly interfere with the war. He swore an unbreakable oath to never fight against his children and now he was forced to put the pressure onto Perseus and so far Chaos had found little ways to aide his son. Chaos was brought out of his thoughts by the appearance of a shadow on the throne directly to the right of his.

"Father, you wanted to speak to me?" Perseus asked once he appeared out of a shadow, seated in his throne.

"Yes Perseus, we have much to discuss as the war approaches." Chaos replied seriously.

Perseus noticed the serious expression on his father's face and knew things were not going well. He nodded to show his father he was listening.

"As you know, your sister Gaia is aware of your existence now. There is no doubt she learned of you from some foolish demigod who believed her lies of providing him or her with power after the war. It appears she is also aware that Thalia is your daughter. So far she has not discovered that Jason Grace is Thalia's brother but this still puts Thalia in immense danger. Gaia will try to capture her to influence you to stay out of her way." Chaos explained carefully.

Perseus' face darkened, it wasn't unexpected what his father told him, but the thought of Gaia capturing Thalia angered him nonetheless.

"So what do you suggest father? I do not know what I would do if she was captured, I would almost certainly try to rescue her and could be captured myself if I did." Perseus replied honestly.

"I know son. Thalia must spend most of her time here. The only place on Earth she is safe is within the borders of Camp Half-Blood and even then, I am not sure how long the Olympians will be able to keep Gaia out. Unless she is with you she is not safe outside areas under the protection of the Gods." Chaos told him.

"I'm guessing Thalia will not be able to reveal herself to her brother yet then, will she?" Perseus asked knowing this would not go over well with his daughter.

"You are correct. If Gaia realizes that Thalia and Jason are siblings, she will not hesitate to try to capture him." Chaos said.

"And what of Zoe? Does my sister know of her importance to me?" Perseus asked worriedly.

"No. Not yet at least. But you must be careful. If you must see her, then you have to be careful to not be noticed as a Primordial God. Hide your identities and stay in areas protected by the Gods or bring her here." Chaos said before adding, "You should visit her and Artemis soon, they must know of the danger they could be in."

Perseus nodded in agreement before asking his own question, "I am assuming my sister Nyx is where this information is coming from. Can we expect any help from her in the war?"

Chaos' eyes widened a bit, "How do you know Nyx is my spy? I never told you."

Perseus chuckled, "Please father, I am well aware of your fondness for my sister and I know only she would be able to act as a spy without it being suspicious. Her relationship with Erebus gives her access to Gaia's plans and only she would be able to notify you without it being known."