Ch. 22

Ch.22

Perseus appeared inside the arena immediately after vanishing from the Olympian throne room. Lupa, Zoe, Thalia, and Clarisse were standing there looking at him expectantly.

When he saw them, he smirked, "What?

"What are you doing Percy?" Zoe asked confused.

Perseus smiled, "I told you I had plans for after the war if we won, this just happens to be the first."

"You want to be King of the Gods?" Thalia asked a little shocked.

Perseus shrugged, "You don't think I could rule better than Zeus?"

"Of course you could Dad. I just didn't think you were someone who wanted a position of power." Thalia answered quickly.

Perseus smiled at his family, "Answer me this. Do you guys trust me?"

All four girls looked at him incredulously, "Of course we do son. We just didn't expect this." Lupa answered for them.

"Good, then just have some faith in me. I promise none of you will be let down." Perseus said confidently.

They all nodded and smiled, choosing to let Perseus do whatever it was he had planned.

Inside the Throne Room

Perseus had just disappeared from the throne room with his family. Most of the Olympians were shocked at his actions. No one had expected him to try to take over rule of Olympus. Artemis was stunned. She was so sure that Perseus was different than other power hungry males that she couldn't help but feel disappointed that she was wrong. Regardless of her disappointment, she would support her friend over her father. No one could rule worse than her father had and this was long overdue. In fact, the majority of the Olympians were rather pleased at the thought of someone other than Zeus ruling the Gods.

"This cannot be allowed to pass. I order all of you to aide me in this battle against this Primordial scum." Zeus bellowed as he looked around the room at the stunned Olympians.

The Olympians stared at Zeus like he had grown a second head. Finally Athena spoke up, "Father, it is against the ancient laws for us to interfere in a challenge for your throne." She said as respectfully as she could.

"Chaos himself disbanded the ancient laws for the war. We must not allow Perseus to become the King of the Gods." Zeus replied angrily.

Athena shook her head, "I'm sorry father but this has been a long time coming. I will not attack Perseus. He is the reason we are still here and you have constantly abused your power for your own gain over the years. If not for his loyalty, Poseidon would have dethroned you centuries ago. I for one, will not fight."

Zeus' face reddened with rage, "You would betray your own father?" He growled.

Anger flashed in Athena's grey eyes, "Betray you? I believe you tried to kill me yourself before the war. Without Perseus, I would not be here right now. My loyalty lies with him, not you."

Zeus stood from his throne seething, he grabbed his master bolt but before he could even raise it, Poseidon's trident was at his throat.

"Touch her and I'll kill you myself brother." Poseidon growled as rage was clearly written on his face.

Most Olympians looked shocked at his actions. Artemis stood from her throne, "That is exactly why you are on your own father. We are your family but you treat us like we are beneath you. I also stand with Perseus and I am sure that most of the council does as well. I wish you luck and hope you manage to survive the fight ahead of you."