Chapter 4

"Did I...pass out?"

Akira nodded. "Yeah, you crouched down and wouldn't respond to us. We shook you and asked you if you were ok, and you just fell over."

"Did you bring me all the way home?"

"Yeah, it's on the way back to my place anyway."

I don't know if he was angry, but he gave me curt answers; Akira slowly wiped the sweat off my brow and changed the ice packs.

"I'm sorry...to make you do all this."

"This isn't a bother at all, but you push yourself too hard and then pass out."

"Yeah... it was dumb. This fever makes me want to cry."

"Hey...no..."

I wiped the tears away with my sleeve, and Akira went to get a box of tissues. He took a tissue and put it to my nose.

"Here, blow into it, ok?"

"But I can do that myself..."

"Why? You don't have to feel embarrassed."

"Just give me the tissue! Thank you."

I blew my nose and threw the tissue away. I suddenly noticed that someone had changed me into pajamas.

"Um, Akira. I was wearing my uniform when I passed out, right?"

Yeah, one of the old ladies in the kitchen helped. She changed you out of your uniform."

"Oh...ok. But who changed me into my pajamas?"

Akira took a second, and then slowly raised his hand.

***

"...WHAT!"

I turned red and pulled my blanket over my head. Akira put his hand out and stopped me from hiding myself.

Akira blushed. "Relax! you were wearing a camisole under your uniform anyway, right? Nobody took that off so you don't have to worry."

"But still you saw too much."

Akira shrugged, "Well, if you say so, but seriously, there's nothing to worry about. Anyway, do you want something to eat?"

Akira patted my head once, stood up, and made his way to the kitchen. I pulled up my blanket to my chest, and watched him while grabbing for my phone.

"I want to make a phone call."

Akira turned and frowned a bit. "To the café?"

"Yeah."

"Wait until you feel better. The boss told me to look after you. The most important thing for you right now is to rest until you feel better, OK?"

"...all right."

I watched him working in the kitchen from my bed. I muttered "thank you" under my breath, I wonder if he heard it. I was so happy for Akira's kindness in my time of weakness. I saw his wide shoulders and the muscles in his neck, and my heart started racing.

Akira really does have a handsome face....And a lot of girls have tried to date him. He also is a good cook and knows how to take care of people. One day he'll make a good husband.

***

While I was thinking this, I somehow fell asleep. When I finally opened my eyes to see what time it was, it was 2 AM. The bed groaned as I forced myself up. Akira's face appeared out of the kitchen.