Chapter 5

As we emerged from the break room, I stood in front of the entrance. The place where Akira had held me was still hot. From that time, I've been strange. But the reaction that Akira had, seemed to show he had been infected by my emotions. Nothing has changed at all, still, I just can't react to him the same as before.

Since then...what does that mean? What did that mean?

When I went back to the hall, Shion had disappeared. And because I was thinking so much about Akira, I had no time to talk to Shion. There was no conclusion even as the café was about to close.

Though he asked me to meet him at the park, I wonder if he's waiting for me. He said he'd answer my questions...how much does he know about me, anyhow?

The questions rambled around inside of my mind. I started to change while I was in the locker, and looked at my face closely in the mirror.

It doesn't mean anything to ponder about this stuff. And even though Ren knows, he won't tell me anything. I guess I have to ask Shion about it. He has got to tell me about what happened on that day.

As I finished changing and left my locker, I passed by Ren and the boss talking. I noticed two small marks on the base of Ren's neck.

Whoa, those look exactly like the marks I have.

For me to meet someone with the same marks, in the same place, is no coincidence. I wanted to go up and look closer at the marks, but Ren would move away. I backed off from even talking to him, and went out to the café hall.

***

For the last few days, I wanted to clear up the worries in my head, but doing so somehow got me a little scared. I was just happy to talk to the supermodel Shion, it was a joyful thing, like a dream.

I have to go.

"You are a sacrifice. For us, we vampires, the most superb of sacrifices."

The meaning of that statement, and the reason he bit me...I had to know.

I'll go.

I waved goodbye to the boss, "I'll go home now."

Toda nodded, "Thanks for the hard work, see you tomorrow."

"OK!"

As I left the café, Akira ran up to me. Maybe because of what happened in the break room, I unconsciously stood up straight. "Is it really ok if I don't walk you home tonight?"

I nodded, "Y-yep, I have a place I want to go..."

"This late at night, these days it's dangerous, so you should go home soon after that."

"You're overprotective, Akira, I'll be fine."

"It's because you do dangerous things that I have to be overprotective."

I replied with a smile to Akira saying "keep yourself warm while sleeping", and left the café. Shion had told me to come to the park — That was the place that I had first met Shion. That day, from the time I woke up in Shion's lap, I feel everything has changed.

I can't remember clearly what happened at that time, but I remember the place.

I slung my bag over my shoulders, and ran with the heels of my boots clacking down the road.

***

"Huff, gasp..."

I bent over with my hands on my knees as I finally arrived at the park, and breathed deeply.