Chapter 10

Ren looked at the time on his phone. "Well, we should get out of here, right?"

Shion smirked. "I wasn't asking you, Ren. What's next, Akane? I can take you out of here easily. There are no such things as locks or restraints for me. Only four words, 'I want to leave,' and your wish is granted."

". . ."

Ren rolled his eyes when he heard Shion's sweet talk, and bent down at my feet. He quickly began trying to unravel the ties around my ankles. I hesitated and tried to pull myself away, but instead he motioned to leave it to him.

I waved them away. "Thanks..."

"It's hard to move if you keep it this way!"

Shion simply wore the same smirk, and waited for my next words.

I don't think anything will change from this situation. But would it really be ok to leave here without telling Akira anything?

Akira's intention to tie me up here was to protect me from these two. What if he knew I ran away with them...

Shion looked at Ren. "We had better finish this as quickly as possible. Akira will be back soon."

I was surprised. "Wha?"

I looked at the time, and it was way after the café had closed.

***

"So, you two came here after the café closed."

Ren shrugged. "If we had known this had happened to you, we would have come sooner."

"Well, thanks...."

"No time for thanks, let's get out of here."

Ren finally took off the cords from my ankle, and I nodded with gratitude to him.

Shion waved stop to both of us. "Not so fast, I'm talking to her, my captured princess...You still haven't answered whether you want to leave or not. So what is your answer?"

". . ."

"Whichever you say, I don't care if you go home or stay here."

Ren looked confused. "Wait, what are you saying..."

"But isn't that the case? Your friend is... Akira, right? I have no idea why Akira locked you up here. But you ought to decide what you want to do."

Ren clicked his tongue and looked at me, then the clock.

"I want to..."

I'm not gonna leave Akira like this- This was what I was about to say but...

??? "So you're leaving."

In the slightly opened door to the apartment, stood Akira. From the beginning I never thought that this life of being locked up would last long, and I knew that soon it would come to a close, but I didn't want to be separated from Akane, and I hoped to make it last just a little longer. That's why I could tell her how I felt about her, it was as good as my prayer, but it looks like the result was the same.No matter how much I pray, it looks as though my wish won't be fulfilled.

***

The thing I wanted above all else was to keep these two and Akira from meeting. Akira opened up the door, and leaned on the edge of the opened door with his arm. He just stood and stared at Ren and Shion.