Part 1

POV Adeline

"Wake up sleeping beauty!" I felt someone shaking me slightly making me leave a small groan in my sleep. Opening faintly my eyes, all I could distinguish was a blurry shadow looming over me. Still heavy-eyed, I turned my back in order to block the voice.

"Five more minutes..." I murmured lazily and pulled the covers over my head in an attempt to drift back to my sleep.

"Fine Adeline,"the voice sighed in exasperation."but if you get soaked with cold water on your birthday, it's your problem!"

Can't they understand that is bad when someone's sleep is distur-Wait!

My eyes went instantly round registering his words still under the covers. Without a second, I uncovered myself and winced as light hit my sensitive eyes. Squinting them in order to adjust to the vibrate sunlight, I noticed that the curtains of my room were wide open and I turned my attention towards the only person who would dare do this.

You are so dead Jack!

"What time is it?" I glared threateningly at him and crossed my arms on my chest. He allowed a small chuckle to leave his mouth as he gazed at my groggy face.

"Ten in the morning and do you know what day is it?" He raised his eyebrow playfully at me and I just rolled my eyes at his immature behavior. He looked like a kid who went to the fun park for the first time.

"Stop being a child-"

My sentence was cut in as realisation hit me straight on the head and Jack shoot me a knowing look. He spread his masculine arms and wrapped them around my body tightly before I could utter anything. I hadn't noticed that he had really become so robust the past few months. This mainly had to do with him devoting long hours to hard training.

"Happy birthday, Adele!" a wide grin was tugged on his lips and he ruffled my hair.

"Hey, don't make my hair even worse than it is!" I slapped his hand away light-heartedly and he just laughed.

"I still wonder how we became friends." I commented and rose to my feet. Stretching my body, a yawn escaped my mouth.

"It had to do with the fact that I am perfect." Jack joked with a matter-of-fact tone which earned a scoff from me.

"Yeah, sure." I replied sarcastically and pushed him towards the door."Come on. I have to get ready, you know."

He huffed and opened the door making his way out of my room. With this, I turned my body and walked towards the bathroom. After running warm water, I fixed my hair in a quick ponytail and took my clothes off. Stepping inside the bathtub, I lay down and immedietely my body was surrounded with warmth. A content sigh flew from my lips.

Even if I didn't want to admit it, I was really thrilled to finally shift to my wolf. It had been a dream that was printed in my mind since my juvenile years and I couldn't wait to make it a reality. Along with that, my thoughts unwantedly lingered to the idea of having a mate, your soul as many used to say. Who could he be?

A pair of silver eyes flashed in my mind and a gasp escaped my lips.

Again this image appearing out of nowhere. It had been a constant thing the past week and even when I was sleeping, I would always see a man whose smoky eyes were the only thing I could distinguish. Everything else were in shadows. However, they were alluring and dangerous at the same time which made me feel unsettled as I had never met anyone with this kind of eyes.

The water had turned cold and I decided to stand up as time was passing quickly. Grabbing a towel, I enveloped my figure with it and stepped out of the bathtub. My body made its way to my room and I opened my wardrobe pulling some clothes that I had bought only for today's occasion.

Once I got dressed, I landed a quick look at my reflection on the mirror and clenched my fingers around the cool handle of the door. Closing it behind me, I headed towards the kitchen from which a mouth-watering smell was being emitted. Making my way inside, my eyes met my mother, my brother Leonardo and of course Jack who were talking about something random.

"Good morning everyone!"a smile graced my lips and they all turned their heads towards my direction.

My mother approached me and hugged me tenderly." Happy birthday, sweety!"

"Happy birthday, sis. You look beautiful." My brother stood to his feet and pulled me for a bone-breaking hug as well.

Leonardo and I always had quite a strong bond with each other since we were young. We looked almost identical-enriched with the same blond hair and the only exception was his emerald eyes from my mother and my blue ones from my father. Usually, most people thought that we were twins. It had been a great game for us when we were younger.

"Thank you. I am so excited for today." I confessed pouring some fresh orange juice in a glass and then taking a seat. "I'll finally shift into my wolf!"

"And maybe you'll find your mate!" my mother expressed with a sing-song voice and a dreamy face."I wonder who might be."

The moment these words passed her mouth, I bit my lip shooting a glance at my brother who had crossed his arms on his chest. A disapprovingly look covered his face.

Here we go again.

"No kisses allowed until you get married, not anything naughty or I'll chop his fingers off and you have to walk in distance of more than a meter from each other when I am with you!" he stated glaring at me and I just rolled my eyes at his protective behavior. Jack chuckled quietly and I shoot him a threatening look which made him lower his head struggling to hold back his laughter.

"Yeah sure." I brushed it off like I'd heard the best joke in my life. "Anyways, where's dad?"I asked them changing the topic completely before Leonardo could start again.

"He went to an Alpha meeting." Jack noted once he composed himself. With a plate in his hand, he took a seat right next to me.

A small unwanted sigh escaped my lips at his words. Even when I had my birthday, the fact that my father loved more his work was bothering me since I was young. He would always choose his Alpha dutie over his family. I knew that he had a load of responsibilities but still it hurt deep inside.

No words were formed on my lips and I just nodded. A fake smile was tugged on my face.

"He said he will finish work early today." Leonardo expressed meeting eyes with me. He had an understanding expression on his face and I nodded thankfull.

Without saying anything, I grabbed my plate and started eating my pancakes. They always made my day after all.

Well, who wouldn't agree with that?