Part 10

POV Adeline

The sun rose like a flower opening, gifting its petal unto the world everyday. It filled the sky with might colors of red and splashed the skyline with its amber rays. Spreading sunlight ulluminated every corner of the landscape, lighting every blade of glass and leaves of the endless forest.It was bright and mesmerizing as it was inviting me to stare deep into the horizon. A cool morning breeze brushed softly my face pervading the air with a sense of tranquility as the chirping of the birds was like a background melody to my ears.

My eyes had opened a long time ago but the impossible urge to see the wild forest was calling out for me. That's why, I had been gazing at the view the past few hours leaning my face on my palm. It felt harmonic.

Eventually I had to return back to my room and get ready as Laura would be here at any moment. With this in mind, I turned body and stepped inside my room. Walking towards the bathroom, I splashed some cold water to my face and brushed my teeth. Making my way back to my room, a sudden knock made me my heart jolt from the sound.

"Who is it?" I asked reaching right in front of the door. Still, I didn't make any move to open it. 

"Laura," I heard a familiar voice saying from the other side. "Can you open the door?"

Turning the key, I unlocked the door and opened it wide. My eyes fell upon Laura who had a smile grace her face and her emerald eyes were beaming with enthusiasm.

"Good morning Adeline!" She said and my gaze focused on her arms as he held tightly some things.

"Good morning." 

"I've brought you some more clothes." She expressed and gave them to me. They were fresh-washed and well-ironed as they were still pretty warm to my hands. 

"Thank you." I said and I felt her pushing me back inside my room making me arch an eyebrow at her.

"Hurry up! We have to leave." She noted rushily and I offered a quick nod at her. 

With this she stormed out of my room and a deep sigh escaped my lips. She might have been the most energetic person I had ever met. She could even surpass Jack who was really uncontrollable and full of life. His mind was racing with constant plans for something new and he was never the person to wait.

I felt a sting in my heart recalling his presence and my thoughts drifted back to my old back for a moment. The people that had lost their life crossed my mind and I felt a shiver down my spine.  Shaking my head softly, I clenched my one fist tightly trying to keep my composure. As long as the rest of my pack members were safe, there was nothing to worry about.

Pushing aside my unstoppable thoughts, I started getting dressed as fast as possible. To my relief, Laura had brought me something casual such as a pair of jeans and a T-shirt which were both really comfortable. She must have guessed my size because they fit me perfectly.

Once I got ready, I wrapped my fingers around the handle and opened the door. Stepping into the hallway, I closed the door behind me and started my way to the stairs which led to the lower part of the packhouse.

After I reached downstairs, I saw Laura sitting on the white lounge. I approached her and she turned her head to my direction.

"I am ready." I told her and she rose to her feet.

"Perfect! Let's go then." She grabbed my arm making a small gasp leave my mouth. 

"Wait!," I exclaimed trying to make her stop. "I haven't eaten a thing." 

It was true. I hadn't touched a single piece of food since I woke up and I felt my stomach calling for something to eat. Even yesterday, I was making circles on my plate. 

"Grab an apple!" She instructed. " Damon is waiting for us and I assure you that he is not the most patient person."

The mention of his name made my insides turn upside down and my nerves be set on fire. I had totally forgotten that he would accompany us today. My heart started pounding but I didn't say anything. I did as she told me and took an apple in my grasp.

I had already finished eating the apple when I distinguished a tall mascular figure leaning on a black car. He had been expecting us having his arms crossed on his well-built chest and his silver eyes were locked with mine as we approached. Unfortunately, my eyes started trailing their way from his adonic face down to his powerful body and unwanted tingles erupted inside me. His piercing gaze burning me alive but we both didn't utter a word. 

Laura greeted him but I lowered my head avoiding his smoky eyes. I started scolding mentally myself for giving in to the mate-bond and feeling so weak in front of him. 

"Hey, are you going to stand there all day ? Get in the car!" Laura pointed out making come back to reality. Giving a sharp nod, I was ready to go and open the door to the backseats but she stopped me which made me arch an eyebrow at her questioningly. 

A wide teasing smirk was plastered on her youthful face and she winked at me playfully. 

"You will sit to the front," She started making me go round-eyed. "I will take the seat to the back."

My mind went blank hearing her words. I didn't want to stay a second near Damon and having him so close to me would be a torture to my wolf until we reach our destination. My body tensed up and I bit my lip slightly. Damon had already gotten into the car.

"I believe I should sit to the backseats as well." I insisted. "I might get dizzy being to the front ones."

"Don't worry," Laura commented silently. "Damon is a careful driver and our destination is not that far away, so you'll be fine."

I parted my lips to say something but Damon rolled down his window.

"Am I going to wait more?" He said tapping inpatiently his finger on the wheel.

Taking a deep breath. "Fine." I expressed relactantly.

Laura didn't want anything else and opened the door of the car and go inside. On the other hand, I went to the other side as well and got to the front seat right next to Damon. He shoot me a quick glance as I fastened my seatbelt and closed the door shut.